Colour

Reaction score
Hi

Is there any reason why most ponds are black or dark green? I would like my new one to be blue is this ok?
Cheers

Reaction score
Kind of funny, I heard that black shows the colors of the fish better. But then why when showing koi do they put them in a blue tub? Anyway I think black looks more natural and does'nt show the little bit of algae that you will get. Good luck, maybe someone has better info.

StevenO

Reaction score
Blue does show the colors of koi well but it gets dirty so fast! If you really want blue in the pond use blue lens to underwater lights.

Reaction score
i've been using blue pond tint lately just to control the algae in my pond. the stuff works pretty good, the fish seem to be a lot more active also, since the water is more clear. i'm not sure if i'm just imagining that, or if they really do like it better. it also makes the waterfall look cool, having blue water flowing from it =]

it does stain the rocks for a little bit, but once the tint is gone, the rocks eventually lose the color.

Reaction score
That is what i was qoin g to say, just be careful. A few drops to many and u cannot see through the water. good luck.

Reaction score
It sounds like you are using too much dye if your rocks are blue. Are you mixing it very well in a bucket of pond water before you add it to the pond? I would still use blue lights which can really cool in the winter shining on the ice. Enjoy, Gail

Ask a Question