Cool Water Garden Ideas on Google

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
In the winter months I often browse google images of koi ponds, garden ponds, water gardens, etc to look at all the cool water out there.

I found this gem today. I just love it. What a great idea!
backyard-pond-water-garden-36.jpg

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I do the same thing @pecan ! I found that picture last year!! So, is this on the 'to-do' list? :ROFLMAO:

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It's got sea shells built in it!!!(y) Which is what I did around a part of my pond. And would show to you if not under snow.:(. That's is very cool.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That would be cool. Definitely take pictures!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very cool! I used to browse for pond photos and ideas. The past two Winters have been all about browsing native plant gardens and native plant photos.

It gives me something to do, but at the same time, makes Winter feel longer as I'm eagerly awaiting to see my own plants and pond again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very cool! I used to browse for pond photos and ideas. The past two Winters have been all about browsing native plant gardens and native plant photos.

It gives me something to do, but at the same time, makes Winter feel longer as I'm eagerly awaiting to see my own plants and pond again.

Over the last few years I have been very interested in native plants to my area. Mostly out of not wanting to put a lot of effort into the yard and native plants are perfect for that. Plus I have noticed the most of the native plants I have attract humming birds, butterflies and bees, while the none natives don't. I imagine native plants where you live are quite different than the plants where I live.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I imagine native plants where you live are quite different than the plants where I live.

Native plants will always be best for attracting native insects/animals. I'm sure our overall native plant varieties are significantly different, but I imagine we likely a few of the same species, too.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Be careful with native additions. I thought cattails would look good in my pond, till they busted out of the container and nearly took over the pond in two years. They had to go.
Then there was this really neat rush type plant growing along our river, I collected a small clump of it, it got out of the pond, now it's uncontrollable:(. I've sprayed some area's but they prevail. A shovel is the only was to rid them.(n)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Be careful with native additions. I thought cattails would look good in my pond, till they busted out of the container and nearly took over the pond in two years. They had to go.
Then there was this really neat rush type plant growing along our river, I collected a small clump of it, it got out of the pond, now it's uncontrollable:(. I've sprayed some area's but they prevail. A shovel is the only was to rid them.(n)

It's true some natives can get away from you. I love Bee Balm and it's a native here but it spreads like crazy through underground rhizomes and get scraggly looking in mid summer when the center dies out. I ended up getting rid of all my bee balm.

I have some Yucca quickly outgrowing it's location and I am concerned at the thought of trying to thin it out.

Fire Chalice is one that I love too much to get rid of. The hummingbirds love it. It is a low ground cover plant with long lasting red flowers. But it also spreads underground by rhizomes. I cut about 70% out each spring and it comes back with a vengeance before fall.

Fire Chalice (red plant in the front) random picture found on google.
103c5fac5a9f1413997b1cd44ce3f4a6.jpg

Ask a Question