CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks, @Lisak1. Fun to see that photo from the early days.

@GBBUDD: You've mentioned zip tying the crates together a number of time. They naturally lock together vertically. Are you thinking I should zip them together horizontally? Vertically? Both directions?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes your not putting much ontop of them so the gravel at 3" walking on it you'll constantly be seeing the fabric thus the weights as they squeeze may lift the block. i also made sure the little block of the zip tie was pushed into the in your case milk crate

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I may still have a big excavation in 2022
I can't wait either...wait! Just in! Newsflash! A pic of current progress! (check the date!)

View attachment 141591
I just noticed the date (even though you specifically said to check the date.) I have had a giant excavation in my backyard for well over a year, so I can't make any comments on anyone's speed of progress! I move at the pace of a snail riding on the back of a sloth.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You got jambed up in this corona bull, everyone i have talked to have said they will not comply with round two. There is an estimated 3.5 million homes and businesses that are on the foreclosure list. This is due to people being forced to live off there savings. You think big brother or tge banks will work hard to stop round 2... hell no they look forward to it they are going to make tens of billions of dollars. I won't get started as to why covid cases are going up, but it might have a little to do with tens of thousands of new faces in an area with no where to go or a job

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I may still have a big excavation in 2022

I just noticed the date (even though you specifically said to check the date.) I have had a giant excavation in my backyard for well over a year, so I can't make any comments on anyone's speed of progress! I move at the pace of a snail riding on the back of a sloth.
heh, you know @bagsmom , I CAN start on YOUR progress pic, too, if you want me to! Jus' need a lil vid like CW has been posting! And actually, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the finished product looks like! It's MY impatience that supercedes my penchant to needle a bit! Hopefully, all in good fun and like CW said; it WAS a slow Saturday...:giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
My progress video would be funny - it could be a time lapse of weeds growing! :ROFLMAO: The deer still have faith that a new restaurant/drinking establishment is coming! (The baby is checking out the bog - he can envision what it will be like!)
IMG_1701.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you have boulders in your area naturally put up a sign wanted basketball size rocks / you never know who may reply

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My progress video would be funny - it could be a time lapse of weeds growing! :ROFLMAO: The deer still have faith that a new restaurant/drinking establishment is coming! (The baby is checking out the bog - he can envision what it will be like!)View attachment 141633
I like your two new helpers!

So, whatcha waitin' on? Mother Nature to fill up the new liner??? heh heh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I like your two new helpers!

So, whatcha waitin' on? Mother Nature to fill up the new liner??? heh heh
Well - I'm waiting for life to settle down a bit and for me to wake up one morning younger, stronger, and with more energy! Ha ha!!! Seriously, though -- I started digging (IN 2019!) with more enthusiasm than money. I bought some of the supplies as I saved for them and kept on digging that giant hole. (Honestly very fun and satisfying!) Then - to reference the kids' books - came A Series of Unfortunate Events. A temporary pay cut. A giant deep freeze that started a slow death, requiring me to spend my rock money to avoid losing my groceries. A month-long illness for me. A very serious and life-threatening illness for a young person in our family. Then a month spent out of state helping an elderly family member through surgery and a 3 week hospital stay. Everyone seems OK as of now, Thank God. But it has been exhausting and very stressful. I'm hoping for brighter days ahead and I'm trying to exercise every day to get some of my strength (and enthusiasm) back. The plan right now is to use these Dog Days in the air conditioning lifting light weights and getting some muscle back. (It's starting to work!) After the leaves have fallen and it's cool again, my plan is to do the pond!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Its been a rather trying year for way to many the last couple years. Unfortunately I dont see us heading into the black. The idiots are only getting louder, and dumber. Wish yeah the best where are you ? Maybe the forum can help with locating rocks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Its been a rather trying year for way to many the last couple years. Unfortunately I dont see us heading into the black. The idiots are only getting louder, and dumber. Wish yeah the best where are you ? Maybe the forum can help with locating rocks.
Thanks, GBBUDD! I am all set now as far as money. Now it's a matter of trying to exhale after all the stress and sickness -- and get back in shape so I can haul around some of those rocks! It will happen, though! Those deer will be mad if I don't deliver on my promises! :p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Think about renting a piece of equipment they are not all that hard. They do cost but well worth it in my eyes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Look what arrived last night…

View attachment 141665
A LITTLE one? You got a LITTLE ONE? ohhhh, man, CW; you're going to make @GBBUDD and @Jhn die with laughter!!

Ha, kidding; I bet it's going to be an exciting week/weekend, hey? Take some videos (I'm sure you will; have the better half take it so we can see all your shenanigans in Lil Blue!

Ask a Question