CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Having fun watching! My lil kubota did everything I needed, but it was heavy enough to handle huge rocks.
I think you need to paint it blue, @addy1 ; CW can't be the ONLY one with a cutsie pond digger! We'll come up with a new name for yours, after you do. 'Lil Blue' is CW's already...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was leaning toward BARNEY FOR C.W

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just havin fun CW, as you said for free i wouldn't care if it had been completely hot pink

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Whoops. Not sure why I said 2x. It is for sure 5/4 x 6. I think I'll give it a shot.

And the little komatsu actually is purple & pink & bit of baby blue on the cab. Barney is perfect. About died laughing when I read that. Let's call it Barney. I love it.

Thought it might be nice to freshen the paint up for the owner before returning it. All original colors, of course.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Naaa it's like a antique it has it's own charm i wouldn't touch a thing I'll bet the fluids haven't been drained or the fittings all lubed up in some time that might be a option

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
IMG_2465.JPG

Damn thing doesn't reach even halfway across the cistern @ 4' dig depth. Will either have to tear some bamboo out so I can get at the hole from multiple angles (and hope side doesn't collapse as I'm driving by) or back to hand digging. Maybe hand shoveling into the bucket and lifting out w/ the machine.

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
View attachment 141788

Damn thing doesn't reach even halfway across the cistern @ 4' dig depth. Will either have to tear some bamboo out so I can get at the hole from multiple angles (and hope side doesn't collapse as I'm driving by) or back to hand digging. Maybe hand shoveling into the bucket and lifting out w/ the machine.
looks like the loader had a few parts fall off..... oh never mind, its just the blue milk crates ;)

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
View attachment 141788

Are you saying Barney has some issues?????

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
looks like the loader had a few parts fall off..... oh never mind, its just the blue milk crates ;)
hahahahahahahahah! Now, THAT'S the spirit! Gotta keep encouraging CW, though, don't want him thinking he can do something else 'different' and then researching how to do it!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
dayum, @Jhn ; ever heard of a 'Barney' without them?
Let’s see Barney the Dino, Barney fife, ….nope …..but that is the limit of my Barney knowledge:jimlad: (ethnic smilie)

cw just do some third world engineering tie bamboo poles to the bucket to turn it into a Extend-a-hoe, then boom you can reach the other side….or is it boom dropping rocks and just generally breaking stuff…..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I shouldn't say this but you can cut your way down and create a slope down to the bottom. your thinking like someone who has only used a shovel and not an excavator. Dig out a little better then 30 inches or so on the side where you have barney sitting CREATING A RAMP . Then you take some of the diggings/spoils and infill so you can drive barney into the hole . drive in so far until you can reach the other side and start digging placing your spoils somewhere that they won't block you in or where you can't get to them latter. Maybe take it down only 6 inches and use that 6" to build up around the outside of the excavation? Instead of a foot of stone go with only 8 inches of stone . 8 inches is deep enough where you won't walk across it and see the rubber bellow. Once you have dug the depth work your way back out the hole compacting soil with the bucket of the excavator on the way out. OR use that ramp to bring your fabric down and rubber fabric and place the blocks just as you would have with the full square ignoring the ramp. place all the milk crates and once the Cistern is blocked in and fabric is wrapped around it then start your back fill of the ramp Just be careful even barney can blow through the milk crates and rubber like it was a Tonka toy. Or just hire a operator for a day throw them a couple hundred and be done with it.

Ask a Question