CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I folded up my cistern like a present one that some had just torn the corner back of . And that is where the fabric basket is outside the foot print of the matrix blocks but open to them from the top and side of the basket so I catch as much debris as possible. And as it fills up it over flows the basket dropping into the cistern.. I take it the bib liner area is going to be that catch all area for sediment to get stuck in

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I folded up my cistern like a present one that some had just torn the corner back of . And that is where the fabric basket is outside the foot print of the matrix blocks but open to them from the top and side of the basket so I catch as much debris as possible. And as it fills up it over flows the basket dropping into the cistern.. I take it the bib liner area is going to be that catch all area for sediment to get stuck in

Yep, that’s right. I will actually make a little dam in front of the intake area so that there 3-4” of pooling over the cistern. Kind of like an intake bay on top of the cistern.

As for keeping soil from washing into the cistern, I think I just solved that problem as I have enough liner available to wrap up in front of the retaining wall area so water can’t get in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well it's about time something got the juices flowing ! now you'll get r done !!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bUT BEFORE YOU END IN DIVORCE CORT Finish off a couple areas get things flowing . show them the dream you see. then do the add ons.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have to get the excavator out of here, so I’m 100% focused on all tasks it needs to do before hitting the road. And I have a bunch of extra boulders!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Also briefly considering turning it on its side and setting on milk crates. Think you’ll always see the crates though and won’t look good.

AFB782DB-666F-4BD4-99CF-3D1DB4B7F1AE.jpeg

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I don’t know if I would trust the milk crates to hold that rock long term, anyhow. I have had the side of a milk crate give out, with less weight than that on it. It took a couple years but it happened. Do you have any mediums sized rocks that are shape right for it to rest on to get it up to the height you want?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Also briefly considering turning it on its side and setting on milk crates. Think you’ll always see the crates though and won’t look good.

View attachment 149913
cover the crates in fabric leave it long enough the gravel on the bottom will hold it down the algae will take care of the rest . but do you really want a boulder in the middle? have you placed boulders around the landscape so it looks more natural and not just a whole bunch of rock in one area

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
have you tried calling the stone yard and bring them back ? even if he charges you 15 percent why not get some money back

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
what if it was on the bottom and something to stand on to help get out of the pond on the side toward the house but is a concrete wall that wont be friendly on bare feet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do you have any mediums sized rocks that are shape right for it to rest on to get it up to the height you want?

I do, but was thinking it wouldn’t look good to have it propped up like that. Maybe it’ll be fine, though. Will give it another look tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
cover the crates in fabric leave it long enough the gravel on the bottom will hold it down the algae will take care of the rest . but do you really want a boulder in the middle? have you placed boulders around the landscape so it looks more natural and not just a whole bunch of rock in one area

That’s an interesting idea. I do think I’ll skip the milk crates, though. Think @Jhn is right about them collapsing over time without backfill around them. I do have 4 aquablox laying around…

have you tried calling the stone yard and bring them back ? even if he charges you 15 percent why not get some money back

Heck no! Keeping all of them!

Ask a Question