addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have rocks from NJ,PA,NC,VA, and asked family coming in to bring me a rock from the state they live in .I guess I am weird
nah I haul rocks from everywhere we have been. Or drift wood or whatever catches the eye.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sad when you have to pay for rocks .Here farmers put them out by the edge of the property for people to take .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Don't know why but that statement just made me laugh. If you are ever this way, you are more than welcome to some of my rocks.
I’ll take you up on that offer! I get so jealous when people talk about picking up rocks from farmers and such. There are a lot of rocks in Arkansas, north of where I am, but this is pretty much flat, river delta country.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
We definately have no shortage on rocks in Canada in general. Just found flat lime stone while i was removing my old fence. There was enough to finish walls behind my berm and only a 20 foot walk score Just found an add this morning for free rock a massive pile with a lot of 3 foot granite boulders. Just to busy trimming darn crab apple tree today.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You did a great final job with your project, I must say I love that really dark rock. all we get around here are pale, sickly looking stones.
Not sure if you are talking about the small pebble stones or the water fountain large black rock. The smaller stones I purchased from either Lowes and or Home Depot. There is a combination of river pebbles, river rocks, mexican beach stones and white marble chips. The large black rock/boulder with the water coming out is a man made rock. I made it out of cement, perlite, a bonding agent and some poly-fiber for strength. I then painted it blackish. Not sure if that is what you were commenting on. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not sure if you are talking about the small pebble stones or the water fountain large black rock. The smaller stones I purchased from either Lowes and or Home Depot. There is a combination of river pebbles, river rocks, mexican beach stones and white marble chips. The large black rock/boulder with the water coming out is a man made rock. I made it out of cement, perlite, a bonding agent and some poly-fiber for strength. I then painted it blackish. Not sure if that is what you were commenting on. Thanks.
That was the one I was referring too, can't believe it's man made, it looks like a genuine rock in the photo. I may try something like that, who knows, I may have some dark rocks next spring. Thank you for the tip.

Ask a Question