Disguise/protect power cords

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you show me how you disguise and protect cords going from the pond to the electrical box? I only have about 6-8 feet of cord between the pump and the post with the outlet box but it's going to get some foot traffic through the area. I have a board over it for now. Not the most attractive solution, lol. (And caution tape, too, but that was just to keep the lawn guys away from it last fall. This year it's all going to be landscaped garden beds, no mowing.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Like this.

pond_build_027.jpg

pond_build_03029.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use PVC as well. I just had to change out a pump and it was easy. I tied a rope on the old cord and pulled it through. Then tied the rope on the new cord and pulled it through. Easy! As mentioned, make sure that the PVC is big enough to accommodate the plug.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can you show me how you disguise and protect cords going from the pond to the electrical box? I only have about 6-8 feet of cord between the pump and the post with the outlet box but it's going to get some foot traffic through the area. I have a board over it for now. Not the most attractive solution, lol. (And caution tape, too, but that was just to keep the lawn guys away from it last fall. This year it's all going to be landscaped garden beds, no mowing.)
If the conduit is not buried one thing I have done is to take a limb and cut a slot in the limb and insert the cord problem slved while looking natural

Ask a Question