External pump Disguise ?

Reaction score
What has everyone used to hide there external pumps? Sheds, boxes, or what? Maybe start a pic thread for those having trouble figuring out good ways to disguise them.

Reaction score
go on you tube and make your self a fake rock .A cute little wood house would be nice also and easy to build
I agree ;) I made my other ponds fake rocks but was worried about the pump having air to breathe and figured it would give people a chance to share there ideas but I guess it's like asking what's under your hood and some don't want to share lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could keep the rock up off the ground and allow air flow .You could also but a fake rock to cover it and drill holes in it .I put my aerator op on top of flat rock and right now it is in a kitty little container .I want to make a fake rock but have not gotten the chance .I had built a house that looks like my house for on top of my old aerator .but it is not big enough for new one .A frog house would look cute and you could build it your self

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
did you see the fake logs that would look great on your pump .I saw the guy making them on you tube also .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to put over my pond skimmer. I've got rocks stacked around the edges, and I'm thinking about just getting a large piece of flagstone to put over it. However, I've also been thinking about finding some really old and weathered repurposed wooden plants and building a vintage-looking cover over it. New wood would look very out of place, but I think old weathered wood may look nice. I'll report back if I go that route and it looks good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What has everyone used to hide there external pumps? Sheds, boxes, or what? Maybe start a pic thread for those having trouble figuring out good ways to disguise them.
We encased ours in decking put around a wooden frame , a UPVC window frame was placed over the top for access then cut to size the polycarbonate sheeting for the roof which slides open allowing access to your barrel filters for cleaning and maintenance the insides are clad in 6mm polistyreene sheets to give inslation along with the roofing the over all ffect is acctually quite pleasing

Dave

Reaction score
We encased ours in decking put around a wooden frame , a UPVC window frame was placed over the top for access then cut to size the polycarbonate sheeting for the roof which slides open allowing access to your barrel filters for cleaning and maintenance the insides are clad in 6mm polistyreene sheets to give inslation along with the roofing the over all ffect is acctually quite pleasing

Dave
Any pics Dave :)

Reaction score
image.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you may need to put out the big bucks for 1 of those fiberglass rocks they put over wells here .You could really make it look real with some paint

Ask a Question