Do You Have Flood Insurance ?

Discussion in 'Garden Pond Talk' started by Nyboy, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Nyboy

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

It is beautiful there!

addy1, Jul 2, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Nyboy

Nyboy

This is the water less then 12 inches deep. Over $400 a year Flood upload_2017-7-2_16-36-58.png

Nyboy, Jul 2, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Nyboy

LeahHorton

No! I don't have flood insurance, but the basic home insurance coverage covers the damage from water. While the damage due to flood needed flood insurance policy as the basic homeowners insurance policy does not cover the damage. When we got water damage in the house due to heavy rain and leaky roof, we have contacted our insurance company for covering the damage and also my brother suggested me to consult a public adjuster Fort Lauderdale for filing the insurance claim and to get the insurance money to repair the damage.

LeahHorton, Jul 21, 2017
    Nyboy likes this.
  4. Nyboy

peter hillman Let me think for minute....

The cost to replace only our floor damaged by water.... $9200. Just imagine if they have to do structural work.

peter hillman, Jul 28, 2017
    Nyboy likes this.
  5. Nyboy

sissy sissy

my taxes are around a thousand dollars on 3 + acres .no hoa but the county plows the and that is in our taxes .The taxes will go down since hubby turned 65 and next year will go down again because I will be 65 .Plus seniors here get a cut on electric rates .

sissy, Jul 28, 2017
  6. Nyboy

teeemkay

I had to have flood insurance on my old house. The mortgage servicer (Chase) required it when FEMA reclassified my property into AE (high risk) flood zone a few years after I bought the house. The last year I paid flood insurance there it was over $2000 for the year, and that was for dwelling only. Contents coverage would've been another $700. I used to pay the policy in full through American Family rather than pay it monthly via escrow. I am SO glad I'm not in that house anymore. It never actually flooded. The only time there was ever water in the basement was when the power went out and the sump pump wouldn't run and the battery backup pump failed--we had maybe 1" of water accumulate until we got our backup generator going and got it pumped out. Even in the worst floods on our street in the 11 years we lived there, the flood waters only made it to the parkway, never to the sidewalk or the house itself.

And for the record--property taxes on that house went up to $7000 for this year. $9000 a year for flood insurance and property taxes alone. (I live in Cook County IL. Enough said. :rolleyes:)

teeemkay, Jul 29, 2017
  7. Nyboy

Nyboy

That was covered by flood or home insurance?

Nyboy, Jul 29, 2017
  8. Nyboy

Home, ice maker failed. We don't have flood, my house is on a considerable slope I can't see it flooding from nature.
    However it may happen, home repairs are expensive.

peter hillman, Jul 29, 2017
  9. Nyboy

And here I am complaining about my $1600 tax and $850 annual premium!

10. Nyboy

Nyboy

Wow failed ice maker caused $9,200 in damage. Need to have mine checked out !!

Nyboy, Jul 29, 2017
  11. Nyboy

teeemkay

And people wonder why Illinoisians are running from the state in droves to Nevada, Arizona, southern states... Cost of living is peanuts compared to here. My dad moved to Alabama about 15 years ago. His property taxes for an entire year were $600, and he is in a nice house in a great neighborhood, still close to services/health care/etc. He loves it.

Meanwhile, Cook County keeps bleeding people dry. They are implementing a sweetened beverage tax starting Wednesday. Penny per ounce. So that 12-pack of Coke will cost an extra $1.44. When they passed this tax last year, they said "Oh it's to benefit public health programs." All lies. When the courts put a hold on the tax a couple weeks ago, suddenly their tune changed--"Oh, if we can't start collecting this revenue, we are going to have to lay off 10% of staff in ALL county departments and cut services." So it was another tax to plug a budget hole, in reality.

teeemkay, Jul 29, 2017
  12. Nyboy

I highly recommend that. Mine was the solenoid, plastic housing cracked, fridge only 2 yrs old. Not to be defeated when the repairs are done I WILL have ice but am taking precautions. Pressure reducer and water hammer
    arrestors. " Shok blok Filter protection valves are designed for high pressure installations to protect reverse Osmosis systems, water filtration systems, ice makers, coffee machines, chillers, hot tanks, and water coolers. Protect water filtration devices by limiting water pressure and reducing water hammer. 40psi Valve."
    upload_2017-7-29_14-19-19.jpeg

Nyboy likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question