sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You must be near to water for it to be that high or the claims in that zone area must be a lot of them ..I know here it is cheaper but if you live with in the city limits of Danville it is higher because of the dan river floods over the past couple of years and lots of claims

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are on a hill, water runs away from us! Just got a storm it was raining at the rate of 12.85 inches a hour! Buckets coming down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
We're 65' above a lake in an area with 17" of moisture a year, mostly snow. The only way we could flood is if Crater Lake broke. If that happened we'd have a wall of water several hundred feet high and I doubt that flood insurance would help! I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon though!

This is a beautiful area, but low income and cheap living. Our taxes are about $350 a year. Our HOA provides very good water, basically unlimited usage, included in our $200 a year HOA fee. They also plow the roads in the winter. A good place to retire on a very limited income, if you don't mind the winters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is the water less then 12 inches deep. Over $400 a year Flood
upload_2017-7-2_16-36-58.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
No! I don't have flood insurance, but the basic home insurance coverage covers the damage from water. While the damage due to flood needed flood insurance policy as the basic homeowners insurance policy does not cover the damage. When we got water damage in the house due to heavy rain and leaky roof, we have contacted our insurance company for covering the damage and also my brother suggested me to consult a public adjuster Fort Lauderdale for filing the insurance claim and to get the insurance money to repair the damage.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
The cost to replace only our floor damaged by water.... $9200. Just imagine if they have to do structural work.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my taxes are around a thousand dollars on 3 + acres .no hoa but the county plows the and that is in our taxes .The taxes will go down since hubby turned 65 and next year will go down again because I will be 65 .Plus seniors here get a cut on electric rates .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I had to have flood insurance on my old house. The mortgage servicer (Chase) required it when FEMA reclassified my property into AE (high risk) flood zone a few years after I bought the house. The last year I paid flood insurance there it was over $2000 for the year, and that was for dwelling only. Contents coverage would've been another $700. I used to pay the policy in full through American Family rather than pay it monthly via escrow. I am SO glad I'm not in that house anymore. It never actually flooded. The only time there was ever water in the basement was when the power went out and the sump pump wouldn't run and the battery backup pump failed--we had maybe 1" of water accumulate until we got our backup generator going and got it pumped out. Even in the worst floods on our street in the 11 years we lived there, the flood waters only made it to the parkway, never to the sidewalk or the house itself.

And for the record--property taxes on that house went up to $7000 for this year. $9000 a year for flood insurance and property taxes alone. (I live in Cook County IL. Enough said. :rolleyes:)

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
That was covered by flood or home insurance?
Home, ice maker failed. We don't have flood, my house is on a considerable slope I can't see it flooding from nature.
However it may happen, home repairs are expensive.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I had to have flood insurance on my old house. The mortgage servicer (Chase) required it when FEMA reclassified my property into AE (high risk) flood zone a few years after I bought the house. The last year I paid flood insurance there it was over $2000 for the year, and that was for dwelling only. Contents coverage would've been another $700. I used to pay the policy in full through American Family rather than pay it monthly via escrow. I am SO glad I'm not in that house anymore. It never actually flooded. The only time there was ever water in the basement was when the power went out and the sump pump wouldn't run and the battery backup pump failed--we had maybe 1" of water accumulate until we got our backup generator going and got it pumped out. Even in the worst floods on our street in the 11 years we lived there, the flood waters only made it to the parkway, never to the sidewalk or the house itself.

And for the record--property taxes on that house went up to $7000 for this year. $9000 a year for flood insurance and property taxes alone. (I live in Cook County IL. Enough said. :rolleyes:)
And here I am complaining about my $1600 tax and $850 annual premium!

Ask a Question