Do You Have Flood Insurance ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
And here I am complaining about my $1600 tax and $850 annual premium!
And people wonder why Illinoisians are running from the state in droves to Nevada, Arizona, southern states... Cost of living is peanuts compared to here. My dad moved to Alabama about 15 years ago. His property taxes for an entire year were $600, and he is in a nice house in a great neighborhood, still close to services/health care/etc. He loves it.

Meanwhile, Cook County keeps bleeding people dry. They are implementing a sweetened beverage tax starting Wednesday. Penny per ounce. So that 12-pack of Coke will cost an extra $1.44. When they passed this tax last year, they said "Oh it's to benefit public health programs." All lies. When the courts put a hold on the tax a couple weeks ago, suddenly their tune changed--"Oh, if we can't start collecting this revenue, we are going to have to lay off 10% of staff in ALL county departments and cut services." So it was another tax to plug a budget hole, in reality.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Wow failed ice maker caused $9,200 in damage. Need to have mine checked out !!
I highly recommend that. Mine was the solenoid, plastic housing cracked, fridge only 2 yrs old. Not to be defeated when the repairs are done I WILL have ice but am taking precautions. Pressure reducer and water hammer
arrestors. " Shok blok Filter protection valves are designed for high pressure installations to protect reverse Osmosis systems, water filtration systems, ice makers, coffee machines, chillers, hot tanks, and water coolers. Protect water filtration devices by limiting water pressure and reducing water hammer. 40psi Valve."
upload_2017-7-29_14-19-19.jpeg

Ask a Question