j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hear the prices are going up for flights on a lot of airlines, anyone know if this true?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well just got gas before for the lawn mower and cripes it was 2.92 a gallon wow under 3 dollars who knew ,

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
In case I forget to post, Monday is the day we leave for our Boy Scout trip to Michigan! Have checked the weather forcast, and so far looks like the temps there are running 20 or so degrees lower than here -- THANK GOODNESS! Thirty percent chance of showers [Boy Scout Motto, "Be prepared!" Rain ponchos are standard fare ;) ].

As we fly over, I'll wave & say a silent "hello" to any ponders down below! [flying out of DFW airport, and to Detroit airport]

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Greetings from Michigan!

Got here Monday afternoon, and they've kept us pretty busy with classes & events. Our conference is on the MSU campus, so we're all in dorms -- let me tell you that college life was NOT like this when I was in college! The rooms are typical "dorm" rooms, but dorms have their own cafeterias! Maybe that's not news to some, but it was a shocker to us. So, not only is the food just down the hall, but IT'S ACTUALLY VERY GOOD FOOD! There's even a cafe down from the cafeteria where you can get snack foods, burgers, coffee, etc. after-hours & all day. Came in handy when I napped through dinner the other night :)

The weather has been great so far and has felt for us from LA like early autumn - very pleasant. No AC in the dorms, but we all brought fans and the temps haven't been an issue.

They have busses for us, but when I'm not in a hurry to catch a class, have been walking. Of course, the bus rides have been nice, too, 'cause I've met Scout people from all over the US [though mostly from the central, southern, northern, & eastern states].

I've been fascinated by the local flora -- trees & plants that I've never seen before, and it's all so pretty. They are suffering from a drought, so lots of things [like grass] is brown. I regret that we are on a "conference" schedule, 'cause I would love to stay on an extra couple of days and sight-see, but we return home Saturday (to temps in the 100's....).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you are having fun and enjoying the trip! Sorry you have to come home to cook :sad:

Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying Michigan... I haven't been back since 1976 when I graduated from Dowagiac HS other than a 6 month job transfer. It sounds like it hasn't changed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hee, Hee, Here ya go TM..................
embarrassed46.gif

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We are heading up to traverse city michigan in a few weeks for vacation. Plan on doing lots of kayaking up there and some hiking. Hoping to also have good weather.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We arrived back home around 9 last night. I took a flashlight out back to look at the pond, but not a lot to see at night. Then, I have literally slept all day today -- YAWN! Hubby did a good job of looking after things while I was gone. We "SKYPED" a couple of times and he was giving me progress reports.

Michigan was nice. The weather while we were there was very pleasant [compared to LA weather], fall-like, but I think their temps were going up by our last day. There were storms lurking, and they really needed some rain, so hope they're getting that now.

Glad to be home! :)

Ask a Question