Do you name your fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Name = attachment & higher sense of responsibility to nurture (feels like any way -
It sure does! I'm so attached to some of my koi, they are the first thing on my mind when I wake up in the morning :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
I can cope with people naming their fish, I don't have a problem, they are 'pets' after all....it's giving their house plants plants names that just cracks me up! That's real creepy. I am a member of an international plant forum and when asking for advise they say I can address their plant as 'Freda or Lloyd'! What's that all about? Get real.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep I am a sucker for my fish, I only have six, four have names, the unnamed two are awaiting the visit of my nephews who are as excited as me to name them haha

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
all my fish have names all 17 of them now since I found a baby fish that hid out .He has a long fancy tail like the others i have besides aggie and bert

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i need to hire kids for this job , they r good in naming even non living things lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have "names" for mine (or for groups of them) but mostly because it makes it easier to understand if everyone is still there. For instance, I have 5 yellow-ish goldfish which are "The Golden Girls" (yes, I know there were only 4). One has a white belly, so naturally that is Betty White.

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ghost
Nemo
Shadow
Lil nimo
Spot
The twins (one boy one girl)
Camo
Mango
Pongo
Shubie
Tiny
Blane
Hoover
Lio

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_6186.JPG
The first two Sarah and I named..... Donald and Hillary......we got them on Inauguration day, Guess which one is which .....then we bought four more, we only named one of those..... She is Miss Piggy..... Eating machine.... And the reason I have over two dozen one inch long baby Koi that I have to find a home for..... Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
View attachment 100118 View attachment 100119 The first two Sarah and I named..... Donald and Hillary......we got them on Inauguration day, Guess which one is which .....then we bought four more, we only named one of those..... She is Miss Piggy..... Eating machine.... And the reason I have over two dozen one inch long baby Koi that I have to find a home for..... Lol
Show us pics how they look like , fry the combination is good orange white so they will have some cemetery

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6258.JPG
IMG_6260.JPG
Show us pics how they look like , fry the combination is good orange white so they will have some cemetery
I have orange, orange/white, black/yellow, a couple that are solid yellow ..... The best I can count I think I have three dozen that survived...... I am sure that Donald and Hillary are the dad's...... And Miss Piggy the mom...... I have about a dozen promised to other people just have to find homes for the others. I had a second spawn from one of my Butterfly's....... Dozens of tiny fry...... But I think by this time the big guy's figured out they taste good

Ask a Question