Do you name your fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
View attachment 100223 View attachment 100224
I have orange, orange/white, black/yellow, a couple that are solid yellow ..... The best I can count I think I have three dozen that survived...... I am sure that Donald and Hillary are the dad's...... And Miss Piggy the mom...... I have about a dozen promised to other people just have to find homes for the others. I had a second spawn from one of my Butterfly's....... Dozens of tiny fry...... But I think by this time the big guy's figured out they taste good
nice , very interesting to see koi spawn , u didnt have plants even? i think the black wil disapear if piggy isnt black, usualy koi fry wil show more black .
means ur pond is a big success , i remember u started this year this big pond and bought hillary and obama

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6264.JPG
IMG_6266.JPG
nice , very interesting to see koi spawn , u didnt have plants even? i think the black wil disapear if piggy isnt black, usualy koi fry wil show more black .
means ur pond is a big success , i remember u started this year this big pond and bought hillary and obama
I do have some plants..... Want more haven't bought any yet...... Just put out freebies from friends..... Been to busy with flower and vegetable garden, but I will get there....Donald didn't really appreciate the name change...... Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've named my goldfish, and a few of the red rosies who stand out (like Spot, who has the gray spot on his back, and Fat Frank, who has black eyes and is constantly nesting).

I intend to avoid having too many goldfish to name. My males and females are kept separately now after a spawning incident left me with 9 surprise fancies.

I don't keep koi, though I do have a black goldfish/koi hybrid named Elohim.

Presently, other than the 9 unnamed fry, I only have 4 goldfish in my pond. The rest are inside preparing for the move. The pond fish are:

1. A small fantail with health issues named Pearl. She's entirely white.

2. A red oranda named the Barron Vladimir Harkonen.

3. A calico (almost Sakura) watonai named Crayola.

4. Orange ribbontail/Ryukin hybrid named Misty.

So excited to get to the new place and start setting up a bigger pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Love your names...... Elohim..... The Jewish translation for "God"..... And Barron Vladimir Harkonen..... Being a Red Oranda I am sure they resemble, huge fan of " Dune"..... Dune II was well "Crap..... Good luck with your pond.... Jimmy

Ask a Question