don't you hate it when?

Reaction score
You find a fish you really want and it is not for sale?
We were right by a fish store that is called "the wet spot" and right there in front nice big gf. and what do I see the first real yellow (not orange yellow) gf of course not for sale.
there were several nice fish too.
here is a pic of some fish protecting their babies.

A16A9E13-orig.jpg

01AE4163-orig.jpg

A9D3E57A-orig.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Such pretty goldish and I can see why they don't want to sell them and I can sure see why you would want them :cool:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice pics, i can see why they didn't want to sell too, But I always wonder why they don't order a few for customers. I like the orange and white fantail, appears to be a ryukin, the black and white Comet, and that yellow and white! all three would have been looked at seriously by me if I had seen them FOR SALE! i want a true yellow goldie too!

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of room and my wife is blind so all the fish have to be colorful and hopefully different so she can tell them apart. the yellow would have been great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
This Spring I spotted a couple of unusual koi, in that they were a metallic gold color. Of course I was in the middle of rebuilding my pond at the time, and had no suitable place to keep them. But hey, this is PetSmart...of *course* they'll get more in like that, right?

Wrong. *sigh* I keep watching for more, but apparently those were an unusual color. I can't even find pictures online, so I don't know what my chances are of finding some again. I feel your pain for not being able to get that fish... its a beautiful color.

Reaction score
I got a metallic orange little guy from a aquarium shop. a oddball but he i sure bright.
yellow is my favorite color too (G) I noticed on the pic if you look at the yellow on the bottom of him thats what his whole body was. the picture makes it look more orange. but he was light yellow with no orange cast.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Steve check out this lemon colored comet. You can get it from raingarden. They ship from Hawaii. [ame]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well it makes a nice birthday/father's day etc. present instead of another tie or shirt you don't like. I'm getting a watonai for my birthday next month. My kids didn't think it was too expensive because they are chipping in together.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
They have some fine fish but dang they are expensive! Then you have to add all that shipping. I'm glad there are places to get decent quality fish for a decent price. No yellow but the dealer I go to sells large perscales, orandas, and ryukins that could match those for $15-$20 and 6"+ Super nice Shubunkins and sarrasa'a for $4-$5. I would like to have one lily pond with yellows and one with red and black. Don't even care what finnage or body type, But mixed would be cool to see what appeared in the babies.

Ask a Question