Driftwood in ponds

Reaction score
some pics of wood that I have in the yard and around the pond. Some I went looking for, some I just drug home and found a use for. Yeah, I love driftwood!:nananananana:
Found this old log in our ally
002-6.jpg

This piece came from a local lake shore
Cheapplants-newlights2.jpg

Found this gem laying out in the woods. Yes, it took some effort to get it home -- in the trunk of the car. The smaller one behind it was also laying in the ally.
012.jpg

The stumps at the back of the pond were hauled in for me by a neighbor that took a tree down and needed to get rid of them
Cheapplants-newlights.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jester61288 said:
if everything works out well then i can make you one and send it down to ya..just find a piece of drift wood or a tree stump with roots and i can try to make it..or just get me some dimensions and a drawing and i can go from there..im starting my project tomorrow..i didnt get to go to the park today since it started raining and the park is a flood plain

Wow how nice of an offer! Will keep that in mind!

Beautiful wood ponderpaul. Love wood and rocks!

jester61288

Blueinthegills
Reaction score
WOW that last piece is nice..i love the look of drift wood also but im looking to get something on the side of a river where the dirt has washed out of the roots and they are all hanging there so the fish can hide and it looks natural..thanks for posting up the pics..addy i love to make things rather than buy them to keep me busy..i do custom work on cars so working with fiberglass is second nature to me so ill have some updates soon

Reaction score
jester61288 said:
i love the look of drift wood also but im looking to get something on the side of a river where the dirt has washed out of the roots and they are all hanging there so the fish can hide and it looks natural

Are you close to any large lakes? Prime place to look for driftwood.:nananananana:

jester61288

Blueinthegills
Reaction score
ponderpaul said:
Are you close to any large lakes? Prime place to look for driftwood.:nananananana:

Yes im close to at least 20 lakes plus we are surrounded by the great lakes lol..we have a park here called hines park its a natural flood plain with a long meandering river through it with at least 4 lakes in it also so i have plenty of options, its just borrowing a truck in my free time thats the killer

jester61288

Blueinthegills
Reaction score
ponderpaul said:
"its just borrowing a truck in my free time thats the killer"

Boy, I hear that!!! Everyone you know has a pickup but not when you need it

lol well my dad and brother both have one but my dad was out of town with the truck for 2 weeks and my brother owns a landscaping company..but ill have my dads truck today and tomorrow

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Once the vines die down we are going to explore our woods, that i still have not walked through. Maybe we will find some neat standing dead wood we can use.

The poison ivy has kept me out, but we are going to take our tractor and make a "safe" path for me.

jester61288

Blueinthegills
Reaction score
addy1 said:
Once the vines die down we are going to explore our woods, that i still have not walked through. Maybe we will find some neat standing dead wood we can use.

The poison ivy has kept me out, but we are going to take our tractor and make a "safe" path for me.

keep us posted on how it all goes

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn, oh well an adventure to be done instead of done ............lol

jester61288

Blueinthegills
Reaction score
Well it seems that every free day i have to go to the park it ends up raining but the good news is i found a new way over the river and through the woods

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jester61288 said:
Well it seems that every free day i have to go to the park it ends up raining but the good news is i found a new way over the river and through the woods

lol neat, and off to grandma's house!

Ask a Question