Duckweed dying?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Before making a real pond, I have made a 2x2feet round micro pond of 30liters with tape water. So that I can understand how the big one will perform.
Results(Temp=36-40°C)
-Blanket weed ready in 4days
-Mosquito Larva Ready in 3days lol
-Lettuce doing great from 4dayz
-Plants an hydrila yesterday, lets see how it goes.
-But am worried about my duckweeds turning pale(I think its due to 40°C temp). What do you think?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's possibly suffering from a lack of nutrients.
Can you add any river water to the container?
Have you performed any water tests?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have found that duck weed at the end of the season sinks to the bottom and then come spring it is like a reboot it is back .I bought duckweed 6 years ago and it keeps coming back every year

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It's possibly suffering from a lack of nutrients.
Can you add any river water to the container?
Have you performed any water tests?
No, May be due to nutrient efficiency.
I have found that duck weed at the end of the season sinks to the bottom and then come spring it is like a reboot it is back .I bought duckweed 6 years ago and it keeps coming back every year
But the duckweed I'm growing indoor with other plants are very healthy. From there only I have moved some of them outside.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine already with the 50 degree night temps has turned yellow and went to sleep only to reappear next year .I think it has more to do with water temps. than any thing .Even the duckweed that is in the stock tank with miracle grow has gone to sleep .i will have to check water temps to see how cool water is .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
mine already with the 50 degree night temps has turned yellow and went to sleep only to reappear next year .I think it has more to do with water temps. than any thing .Even the duckweed that is in the stock tank with miracle grow has gone to sleep .i will have to check water temps to see how cool water is .
I think now they're doing normal except some, it may be due to change in location.

And yeah I wanna know what type of fertilizer to use for both floating and submerged. Solid or Liquid?
What ingredients etc?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think it’s just the heat. I have about ¼ of my pond covered so the fish had somewhere to get out of the sun while my lilies were growing. All the duckweed under the cover is rich green, while exposed duckweed is brown/yellow and looks like it’s on the way out, if I swirl the water so the brown ones are covered, after a few days they become green again and vice versa.

Ask a Question