Dumb pump question

Reaction score

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
27G, I'm not sure if the spillway can handle that much water. Now that being said the extra water circulation would benefit the pond, It could be plumbed to where the out put is just past the spillway far additional water flow past the filterfalls. You could try it in the falls temporarly to see if it can handle but my bet it's going to be a bit to much to add directly.

Reaction score
Ok, simplification, but to get an idea; the spillway is 14" wide. Im guessing about 1-2" height ? if it is just 1", you have 14 square inch of waterflow. Thats roughly the equivalent of a 4" pipe. Might not be enough for 2x 3600GPH pumps. If you can afford 2" height, its the equivalent of a 6" pipe, good luck finding a pump that will make that overflow.

Edit: had another look. Thats definitely 2" or more. I would be surprised if it didnt work. Though the flow may not be as smooth and laminar as it is now.

Reaction score
the basin that the water flows into is 1 1/2 ft tall, roughly. Just trying to get an idea before I decide to spend the money on the "other woman", as my wife has named it.

Reaction score
I meant the max height of the waterflow before it would flow over the sides. A cross section of the waterfall, but just the water.. I think Im explaining this in a very clumsy way lol.

Ask a Question