Early Christmas present

Reaction score
My health insurance will pay for my shoulder. The front porch is our haven, we sit out there every evening and watch the birds and the dogs. I bought a huge BBQ pit, will install a fireplace, lights, speakers, refrigerator, ice maker, sink and stereo.

I hope I get the new job as I do have a lot of experience in dealing with people in high stress and in mourning. I feel this is more of a calling than a job.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I also love sitting out on my front porch and the pond sits right in front of it so can here the falls and watch the fish swim. Birds like to bathe in the bird bath bowl I set on top of the falls and cats like to drink from it. They can't catch the birds there tho as too many rocks make the cats clumbsy. When you gonna put your pond in? W/ all the animals guess you'd have to protect it or they'd want to use it as a swim pool and try and catch the fish. That set up of BBQ and all will really make it inviting for you.............never have to even go in the house w/ all that convenience out there.
I'll be praying for ya to hopefully get that new job. It does sound just perfect for ya! Hope God thinks so too!

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making an elevated deck, about three feet high with a recessed pond in it. I wouldn't have to dig and it would really dress up the front yard. that old well house is really ugly. My problem right now is time, I work from 8:30 to 7:00 pm and am only off Thursday and Sunday. I have an hour drive home so there just is no time with this job, another reason why I want the other one.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well that sounds nice about the elevated deck and pond being incorporated in there too. How would one do something like that? Guess you have plenty of brain time to think on it just no physical time to actually get it done. Will be nice if you get the other job. It must be closer to home and not so many hours eh? My hubby is retired now and so we have lots of free time on our hands. Still it seems as tho there is less time now than when he was working for some reason. We were able to go to Hawaii for a couple wks in Oct. and had a blast! Now we need to do some traveling in the states around us where we don't have to fly or take a boat and get some use out of our camper. Trouble is it's not real big and we have to drag the 2 cats w/ us cuz I can't expect neighbors to take care of them for too long and who knows we could be gone for a month or more.

Reaction score
If I build an elevated deck I can just recess the pond into it. Run the plumbing for the bottom drain then box it in with treated plywood, line it and have the seating area around it. The well house could either be converted to look like an old mill with a water wheel or be the back of the water fall. I could hide the electrical wires under the deck as well, I have been thinking about it.

the other job is just as far, just less hours and off on weekends instead of Sunday and Thursday like this one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You tube had examples of deck ponds and a few here have done deck ponds .My pond is right off the side of my front porch and thats were the pasture views and rolling hill side views are .I can enjoy both and sit out there every morning and even .I put a roof over it so I could enjoy it in the sunshine and rain .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
However you do it Bullfrog it will be fun to watch you build it all and thinking it will be a safe place for it on your deck away from the bigger critters that is if you are still able to keep the horse's off the porch,lol! How they all doin? How's little Gunny? Did you say you didn't have him anymore or was that another horse? Love to hear about the animals! I lost our feral cat the end of last summer. She was old and crawled under the back deck to die and that's where she will stay cuz no way to get under there.

Reaction score
The horses are gone, all of them. Vicki and I split up, I was left with all of the animals, 5 dogs, 5 cats, 2 Bearded Dragons and 2 horses. I sold the horses for a song and gave the lizards away. We have since made up and are back together. She is going to church with me now and things are much better than they were before. We still have the dogs and cats, plus the ten pups. I'll get their tails docked tomorrow morning.

I really can't wait to start on the porch. I have the treated lumber for the frame and joists and it will go up in no time once I get a day off.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh sorry I did not know about all that but glad you have worked it out and are back together and that's wonderful that Vicki is going to church w/ you.

Reaction score
The pups are almost 3 weeks old and are already standing, growling at each other and trying to nibble solid food. Rotts do grow fast, will post pictures soon.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I bet they are cute and hurry up w/ the pictures! You got any buyers for them yet? They are such beautiful strong looking dogs and most people would think twice about messing w/ anybody's property w/ them on guard!

Reaction score
puppies013.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh sweet! They really are healthy little pudgies aren't they! Ha Ha Bullfrog..............now let the games begin!

Ask a Question