EPDM Adhesive

Reaction score
What's a good adhesive/sealant for attaching an EPDM liner to stone? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Most pond folks use a product made by LOCTITE. It's called "PL S30 roofing & flashing" something or other. We just call it the "PL goop." It works for a lot of pond applications, even though the label says it's not for use under water. Both surfaces have to be dry when you apply it.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Most pond folks use a product made by LOCTITE. It's called "PL S30 roofing & flashing" something or other. We just call it the "PL goop." It works for a lot of pond applications, even though the label says it's not for use under water. Both surfaces have to be dry when you apply it.

Can the liner be in place or does both pieces have to be perfectly flat with a hard surface underneath?

Reaction score
Thanks TurtleMommy, I'll give the Loctite a try. It's to hold the liner vertically up against the rock wall above the water line.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks TurtleMommy, I'll give the Loctite a try. It's to hold the liner vertically up against the rock wall above the water line.
Will there be anything else there to hold/support the liner? If you glue liner to a vertical surface, the pressure from the water is going to pull on it, no matter what adhesive you use.

Reaction score
Can the liner be in place or does both pieces have to be perfectly flat with a hard surface underneath?
I've used it in a couple spots to hold rocks on my pond walls during construction when the foam would be to messy to use in certain areas. I also used it to glue down small flat rocks on a cut of liner to cover my fish hide bucket, (see pic) before it was put in the bottom , another area where foam would be messy. No need for flat surface but it does require cure time and doesn't hold quickly. Actually I used it to glue the liner on the bucket first then when it cured I decided to add the rocks to camo it up. It was hard because the rocks kept sliding down the sides, had to rig alot.
IMG_1689.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks Big Lou and TurtleMommy. I'll give it some support until it cures and then minimize the water pressure tug with a few rocks at the base of the liner. I'll tackle this today and let you know how it goes in a couple days. Thanks again.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! It helps to rough up the liner a bit too.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, and did we mention that the surfaces have to be dry if your're using the PL goop -- it won't even stick to a wet surface. Found that out the hard way (and wear gloves......)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey don't wear gloves..................do the job and then you can rough us up a bit. Is today some kind of special show your insanity day or something cuz there is a lot stuff hitting the fan?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey don't wear gloves..................do the job and then you can rough us up a bit. Is today some kind of special show your insanity day or something cuz there is a lot stuff hitting the fan?

Last day of September / October Eve......?

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question