Extending My Pond

Reaction score
Back In 2006 I built my First Pond which is 6ft Long, 4ft Wide and 3ft Deep. At the time i thought yeah that be Big Enough, but last summer i was sat near my Pond having a Beer and Looking at my Koi, 3-4 are getting to about 10-14 inches long now and I thought, No This Pond needs to be Bigger..

So This May-June, Iam gonna Extend it to 13ft Long, 4ft Wide and 4-5ft Deep..

The Problem I got is Im using a Fishmate 4000 (4000lph pump) with a Hozelock 9000 UVC Filter and a Air Pump pumping out 60LPM with one 6inch round Flat Air Block.. and 1 air stone going to the Hozelock Filter. When I extend my pond in a few Month the Koi will be Move to a Vat, which will be connected up with my pump and filter.

I will then knock down one side of my pond and extend it to 13ft long, and then fit my new Pond liner. I was wondering would it be ok to install another pump like a fishmate 4000 and put it in the bottom end of the Pond and keep my other pump at the Top end of the Pond and get another Hozelock 9000 UVC and fit the new pump to that, so that both pumps will have there own filter? I was also thinking of installing a Skimmer, but I dont know how and where to fit one, Ive heard you get ones that float on the surface with a built in pump and ive heard there external ones..

Below is a Photo of my Pond at the moment...

[URL=http://img329.imageshack.us/my...shack.us/img329/5067/1712008coo3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The Air Pump in the Photo is not there anymore, its been replace by a Bigger and better one, that one in the Photo was only Temp.

I look Forward to any ideas, points and questions and answers.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
cranorm 7........... is this pond going to be all raised block like you have???? it sounds like you have enough pump and uv already.....what kind of filter set up do you want to end up with??????????

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
cranorm7 i did this, this morning but the forum logged me off before i finished. i have a raised block pond ,and have a skimmer/ filter (pass through) (no pump ) that goes to my lower pond ...this is how i did it ....made a dip in the block ,were the filter was placed. and let the liner run through the dip into the filter.....you would need a pump in it to return to pond , or fiter to water fall....i do most my thinking with a beer in my hand..have very good results....

Attachments

• pass 1.jpg
    pass 1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 446
  • pass2.jpg
    pass2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 526
  • pass 3.jpg
    pass 3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 414
Reaction score
Nice Pics.. Well I thinking of using the same idea but for a Skimmer? But how could i get the water or waste from the skimmer up to my filters?

Dr Case, You got any pictures of your Pond?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
cranorm 7 ........you would have to put your pump in the bottom of your skimmer ,,,,pump it up to your filter,,options are endless.........................have old pics in gallery, under garden pond pics,,top pond is raised block,faced with rock

Ask a Question