Filter recomendations

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
As far as bogs, I don't have the room and for dedicated koi, I just don't know.

A bog filter does take space, so I can't argue that point. But it will definitely work for a DKP - you'd just need to up the size of the bog accordingly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I am very sceptical on bog filtration because at some point, they get overloaded and send toxins into the pond killing the fish, I may be wrong but that is what I am led to believe.

It's always interesting to me that this kind of information comes from people who've never actually used a bog to filter a pond - it's just what they THINK will happen. My bog is 8 years running - never cleaned, never gotten toxic, best decision we ever made... well, second best. First was building the pond! Is it maintenance free? No - we do have to maintain the plants. But that's just gardening.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Probably and I know there are really smart people who are working on formulas for just how big a bog needs to be. But that's not me!

Nor I regarding bogs. My setup is awesome but costly, especially in that size pond. 7 ft deep. Yikes. My pool is 8 ft. Lol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a dedicated koi pond??? Mine is and I run the following in the 5000 gallon model for a 2000 gallon pond. I use the prefilter aside from a savio full size skimmer and 2 uv's. I swear buy this. As far as bogs, I don't have the room and for dedicated koi, I just don't know.

Depending on your pond gallon size, you'll be a few sizes up ...

Hi yes dedicated koi pond think I going to use the nexus 320 but I am told I will need 2 of them trouble I have is finding where to put them Thank you everyone for your input

Ask a Question