Finally waters are running

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
taherrmann4 said:
digginponds looks good. What kind of net do you have over your pond? where did you get it.?

It is plastic net from a local plant shop.I looked at homedepot,menards ace hardware,and all they had was steal net[chicken wire] yuk.

I forgot bout lowes,hehe
I paid 18 bucks for a huge roll:alieneyesa:

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
j.w said:
Looking real nice diggin and what pretty fish you have there. I have that oj lily and love that bright oj color.
OMG I thought you were talking about my Yamabuki Ogon ,lol.
The lilies are about the only thing these fish don't eat up,they have de-rooted all the other plants,so I just give up on pond plantsand concentrate on plants and tall grass round the perimeter of the garden,so as you walk in you get the feeling of being surrounded with love,lol,.:lol:

Attachments

• DCFN0006.jpg
    DCFN0006.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 261

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
digginponds said:
OMG I thought you were talking about my Yamabuki Ogon ,lol.
The lilies are about the only thing these fish don't eat up,they have de-rooted all the other plants,so I just give up on pond plantsand concentrate on plants and tall grass round the perimeter of the garden,so as you walk in you get the feeling of being surrounded with love,lol,.:regular_waving_emot

Diggin that's ok and your fish is a beauty also. Love the Peony plant too. There is a new Peony out now called Bartzella Peony:

It's a cross between a herbaceous and a Tree Peony, a horticultural feat that has proved remarkably difficult to accomplish. The result is a stunningly beautiful variety whose deep sulphur yellow flowers, each with red flames at the center, are carried on a plant that looks and behaves like a very big, healthy herbaceous Peony bearing dozens of huge flowers (9in across) on strong stems, above rich green foliage. There are very few yellows in the herbaceous Peony world, and none can compare with 'Bartzella' in beauty or performance.

I don't have one and they cost around $100. so I guess I must wait til they arrive on Lowes Death Row shelves someday in the distant future :lol:

Attachments

• Bartzella Peony.jpg
    Bartzella Peony.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 228

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
I don't have one and they cost around $100. so I guess I must wait til they arrive on Lowes Death Row shelves someday in the distant future
hahaha,have you ever started from seeds.They sell plant seeds on Ebay.I was going to buy some @ the beginning of the year,but never got round to it.

I had to buy a new pump,really does move this water ........

The last picture,I got alittle brave and climed 20 feet in the tree to take a ariel view.lol

Thanks koiguy

Attachments

• waterfall.JPG
    waterfall.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 270
  • waterfall11.JPG
    waterfall11.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 277
  • waterfall13.JPG
    waterfall13.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 254
  • upinatree.JPG
    upinatree.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 269

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I think it's fun to start plants from seeds. If you can find someone w/ that fancy Hydrangea you can start them from cuttings but who knows who has that plant.

Glad you got the fast water going through your pond now w/ your new pump and it looks really nice.
That's the sure sign of a great photographer.........willing to sacrifice w/ bodily harm to get the best photo's :kruecken:

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
:razz: I decided to take off the net for the rest of the season,keeping fingers crossed,the heron are nested till,migration!

In the pic I had this piece of wood that had been curing in the sun for a few years.
So I went ahead and placed it in the pond.
Sure hope that is safe,I should have asked haha. :question: is it safe :blush: ...........................THANKS ALL

Attachments

• DCFN0020.JPG
    DCFN0020.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 264
  • DCFN0021.JPG
    DCFN0021.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 273
  • DCFN0022.JPG
    DCFN0022.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DCFN0023.JPG
    DCFN0023.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 258
  • DCFN0027.JPG
    DCFN0027.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DCFN0035.JPG
    DCFN0035.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 280
  • DCFN0026.JPG
    DCFN0026.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 239

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
diggin the log you added will only float for a short time and then it will sink, I have had several in my pond that have begun to sink after they get waterlogged. So now I only have one that is actually in the pond and it is just the one end and rests on the pot of my tree in my pond. The other end is on the side so it is only in the pond about 2 feet of the log and maybe 12 inches down. I don't think it will hurt the pond as mine has not affected any of my water readings and I have had more in there before. Now I just keep them around the pond going over from one edge to the other or crossing the creeks. I get mine as driftwood from the river.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That piece of wood you put in there looks like the head and long neck of a heron floating dead in there, lol!
Maybe it will ward off any of them that show up to feast. If it ends up not being able to float anymore stick it upright on the side of the pond as a scarecrow to any of those birds that come around.

Your pond looks really nice and so does all you property.
Nice, big, beautiful fish too!

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
What a beautiful oasis you've created! I bet it's hard to tear yourself from it and do all the other mundane stuff that needs doing. Lovely fish, too. I think the wood will be fine since it has been sitting around for awhile and didn't just come from a lake or stream.

I have a large piece of driftwood on one side of my pond with no problems. I had it in the old pond, too. My son found it in a nearby dry creek and brought it to us. I never even thought about any danger from it at the time. Of course, my few little fishies came from petsmart and were inexpensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Diggin, very pretty pond, love the large rocks in your falls! And, I looked 3X at the orange butterfly koi and then you said it was a koi for sure! Beautiful! I'd never seen a totally orange koi, and butterfly at that! Your plants around your pond are very pretty. Love the dark red peony, my favorite color. :) Never seen that color in a peony,. I can only dream of the surrounding area around my pond looking so spectacular in time! Next year I will work on the area around the pond! This year I'm still enjoying the beauty of what I've created so far. Thanks for sharing beautiful pics!

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for looking.
HillBilly hand fishing ,LOL Butt crack optional ,hahaha

Actually I'm having to extend the lower part of the waterfall ledge,because the fish are too big for all of them to fit under,for the winter months.
hey was that a fish nibbling on my toe..............

Attachments

• DCFN0017.JPG
    DCFN0017.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 281
  • DCFN0018.JPG
    DCFN0018.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 264
  • DCFN0021.JPG
    DCFN0021.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 260

Ask a Question