First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It rained pretty hard today and I didn't really see any specific trouble spots. I really thin we are going to ne okay in this department other than the fact that once the fall has epdm under it and runs into the pond it mightadd to the water level so I do still feel the need for a garden overflow.
There's nothing wrong with extra water coming in. The concern with runoff is the stuff that comes with it. It's a quick and easy way to pollute your pond. Anything in the waterfall, however, will be fine; it's my favorite way to fill my pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I certainly will. One bad habit with me though is that I am never done lol but once it is complete ibwill do a showcase.
Actually that's the beauty of a showcase, you can keep updating, and it's easier for members (old and new) to find the conversation (showcase comments) and follow the changes..just a thought :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with extra water coming in. The concern with runoff is the stuff that comes with it. It's a quick and easy way to pollute your pond. Anything in the waterfall, however, will be fine; it's my favorite way to fill my pond!
Very true. I was reading in another thread about the potential of lawn fertilizer getting into the pond I will be giving this a closer eye. The waterfall itself will have the sides walled with rock so that should be fine. Leaves are my biggest concern. So I am ensuring to design a skimmer equipped to handle the load.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond liner is at the local UPS and I am greeted with this after nearlyn60ndegree weather yesterday :/

Pic from the bedroom window.
20180315_084158.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today was another great day besides the rain. One of my employee's gave me some white and purple iris's and the pond liner arrived. If there is a break in the weather I will be able to dig out all the excess dirt that settled in the pond, do some minor reshaping and prep for the pond liner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm IN AWE OF THE BACK DROP TO YOUR PROPERTY

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm IN AWE OF THE BACK DROP TO YOUR PROPERTY
Thank you, I can say.the same about the amount of rock you have to work with :). The view and the land really was the selling point there is much to be desired about the outside of the house (lol like everything) bit in tine we hope it all to be worth it. Now as much ad I love the rain a break would give me a chance to get this liner dropped.

Today while walking the dogs we saw that the city tore out some indiginous trees and left them. They pulled them from a river side so I brought them home and potted them. I hope they make it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm a little late but
upload_2018-3-24_9-8-9.gif
@Telion
What great place to build a pond and looks like you are getting it done!
Look at those mountains!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm a little late but View attachment 109053@Telion
What great place to build a pond and looks like you are getting it done!
Look at those mountains!
Thank you. Really hoping for a break in the weather. The positive side is bad weather =complete indoor projects that will take me away from working on it once the weather is better.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm so glad that this is you doing that awesome project instead of me. It is nice sitting here watching you do all this work and I don't have one sore muscle :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm so glad that this is you doing that awesome project instead of me. It is nice sitting here watching you do all this work and I don't have one sore muscle :smuggrin:
It does make for a great workout lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's gonna be pretty! I'm just confused why you already have to rocks in place - is that just inspiration to keep you working?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey Tilian if I may add some criticism your shelves look a little narrow for the size boulders you have around the pond are you using smaller boulders and mortaring them in place? I'm still jealous as all hell to that view. And how did you get those boulders up the hill?

Last edited:

Ask a Question