First Pond build underway

Reaction score
are you lining this pond with a liner,fiberglass, polyuerea, paint or other? altho pricey, if i could afford it..the polyurea would be my choice!

The finished coat is a product called heydi K11, it is a fish safe product that is painted thickly onto the render. the manufacturer recomends filling the pond, then let it sit for 9 days to a fortnight, then emptying and refilling, and check the ph, if the ph is not right, repeat the procedure. I have never used this stuff on a pond before, so I'll keep you updated on how it performs.

Reaction score
Here is some updated pics,

With the outer wall half built, I can now fill to the pond full, and I can finish the wall as the water sits for two weeks, before emptying and refilling. So hopefully fish can be added soon :D

Attachments

• DSCN2357.JPG
    DSCN2357.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCN2362.JPG
    DSCN2362.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 348

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it really looks great and love the waterfall rock and Max is a ham .Oh also have to tell you I used your cement mixer idea at the other house I just bought .There was a lot of broken slate there ,I guess from an old walkway or something and tumbled it to soften the edges to put into part of the new sidewalk and in a center garden .I had the cement mixer for the concrete counter tops any way and it also worked great on some of the other rocks I found around the house .I tumbled them and it really made them look shiny and new and softer edges .I found a lot of quartz stone around the house that now looks great after a tumble and found the longer you leave them in with pea gravel the better they look .so thanks for the info

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we learn from each other and it is pleasure to see what others come up with

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks great superdaft. You guys come up w/ all kinds of neat, thrifty ideas. This forum is such a booko load of good info for anyone wanting to build a pond or anything to do w/ it and lots of other good ideas on just about anything one could think of..........love it!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
your right pond people have some great ideas and glad I remembered his idea .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That sure is looking good! great job you are doing.

Reaction score
Water is running.

I have been tweaking the waterfall tonight, and finally got it running how I want it.

I'll hopefully get the rest of the stonework finished this week, and start the raised plant beds around the back, I plan to make one of the raised beds into a bog, but that will be next years project.

Thanks for looking,

Rory.

Attachments

• DSCN2376-1.JPG
    DSCN2376-1.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN2377.JPG
    DSCN2377.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 332

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
tweaking the waterfall your kidding right looks like a sheet of glass .Gosh maybe I should try that and what size pump are you using right now.I really like it makes it look so modern .Hate to change mine but that is neat looking

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks like 2 openings one looks square and smaller and the other looks round and bigger

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
seems like you are getting the same effect from both of them and think I like the rectangle one better it has a lower profile and are you going to hide them with another rock on top ooops just relized in the pics on top I see the cover rock so that answers that .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you need a light under there for at night to give the glaze of water coming out a glow

Ask a Question