sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I agree shakaho kits are what they put together to say they all work together but you pay the price for something they put together .It doesn't mean it will work in every situation and every climate or what kind of fish you are planning or even how much work you want to do on the pond .They sell them telling you how easy they are to take care of or how well they work ,not always true .I have 2 pressure filters I bought clearanced out guess where they sit in my basement unused .I like the the satisfaction of doing it my self and telling people my way of doing it .Even then there are people who say my way does not work for them or what I used does not work for them .Everyone is different and work different in others climates than for me here in VA .I find what others try works for me sometimes and sometimes not ,but then again some of what they did works for me .Thats the fun of ponding fail or succeed you still try

Reaction score
My first pond was a sunterra kit. After first summer, replaced the pump. Second summer, another pump and patched a lot of holes. Third summer, just bought all new stuff. I think the kit was good to learn on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My kit was a sunterra also. Bought it at the end of the season from a home supply store for $150. The pump and liner is still good as well as all the connections. The biofilter was a little small and I have upgraded it since then. I would have probably never got interested in ponds if I didn't start with that kit. Naturally I had to add rocks and plants to it and all the digging I did by hand.... So it was a little more work then it looked upfront.

Ask a Question