addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have red fox, but they mainly hang out in the corn field and woods away from the house. I just know she would think the fox was to chase, bark at etc so I need to be able to chase it away. I have multiple guns (old honey was a class 3 dealer), but like this one cause it is petite. I personally can't kill anything.

The fox is beautiful, love watching it play in the field, easier to see when the leaves drop.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My son said that at his dad's house, there was a litter of fox kits near the house and they were enjoying watching them play like kittens. I would LOVE to see that! Yes, I agree, the fox might not bother the Yorkie, but the Yorkie might get in too deep for it's own good. I love the foxes, just could not bring myself to be responsible for my 28 layers that I so enjoyed. They were all pets, eating worms and bugs out of my hand, and sitting on my lap or shoulder. :) But, to keep out a hungry fox would have meant electric wire on outside at bottom and top, even with a covered roof. If I had come out and they had gotten in, they would have slaughtered the whole bunch as that is their nature, and I would have hated myself. So, sold them to someone who loved them as much as I did. GREAT layers, too, even in the winter, since I gave them a heat lamp. They laid dead of winter even when the eggs would freeze! I needed to cut down on animals I fed, though. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah can understand, honey wanted to get some chickens, ducks etc............he saw the babies at tractor supply, I just said ok you worry about them cage them protect them go for it.........lmao We have owls, hawks, fox and who knows what else that would make a snack out of them

We didn't get any.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No foxes around here that I have seen anyways but see coyote's now and then. Eagle's, Red Tailed Hawks and have heard the owls but very seldom. Have raccoons that visit the back deck looking for cat food and messing up the water dish every night. They go to one of my duck weed holding pots and they must mess w/ that and then make the trip to the water dish cuz there's always duckweed and dirt in there each morning. Little mask marauders, but they are cute especially when young. Twins were climbing all over each other one night when I turned on the porch light trying to hide behind each other :confused:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are cute jw, I don't see them very often, do see their prints in the pond off and on getting a drink. Just at the walk out rock

Ask a Question