Fish acting lethargic

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I've tested the water several times since I received kit, everything is wnl. I took water to local pet store several times as well to back up my own results. If its chemical, it's not something the kits test for. I have not added any water, or removed any water since start up. I currently have a large pump connected to filter and waterfall, and a small pump just connected to fountain head to help aerate water. The only thing out of nl is the ph, which these fish have always lived in high ph, hard water. Does anyone know if the rocks could be an issue? They smell, especially if wet and hot, but the rock yard was aware of what the purpose of the rocks were when they helped my hub pick them out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 201
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thanks tadpole! Just grasping at straws here lol

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This is a typical time line for infections in fish. First comes the stressor(s) and the initial reaction(s) by the fish (not eating, lethargic, etc). This passes and the fish begin to act better but their immune system may have been compromised. It is at this time infectious agents begin to invade the fish. In most cases there is a incubation period of between one and two weeks before any signs of disease manifest.
I would recommend treating your fish with a full-spectrum antibiotic such as Tetracycline. This must be done in a separate tank however. Treating the entire pond will most assuredly case major damage to the nitrifying bacteria in your pond and biofilter as these treatments attack all bacteria, good and bad.

Ask a Question