Fish food

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
The local pond guy went out of business, so where is the best place to order bulk fish food? He sold floating pellets that were much better, in my opinion, than the stuff I can get at Wal-Mart. So, where do you folks get your food from? This is for goldfish and the three koi.

Thanks, John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I get bulk from petsolutions it comes in 5 lb and 40 lb .I think dr foster and smith sell it also .It has lots of great natural stuff in it

Attachments

• pet solutions 2014 005.JPG
    pet solutions 2014 005.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 232
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've seen that food @sissy at Dr. Foster and Smith too. I buy Black Water Creek koi food from Foster and Smith. I use the wheat germ based one in spring and fall and their higher protein one in the summer. They often have sales and have good customer service. Mine is currently back order, but should be coming any day now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like it because it has krill and plant protein in it and the fall food already has garlic in it .Plus i have noticed a lot less waste in the bottom of my pond since feeding them this food without all the fillers in it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I like it because it has krill and plant protein in it and the fall food already has garlic in it .Plus i have noticed a lot less waste in the bottom of my pond since feeding them this food without all the fillers in it
Good to know, perhaps I'll try it instead of the Black Water Creek this summer. Thanks for the tip!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Nope and they float so no sinking and making a mess .My fish love them and great that i do not have to soak smelly krill for them and also great I do not have to add garlic

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
The local pond guy went out of business, so where is the best place to order bulk fish food? He sold floating pellets that were much better, in my opinion, than the stuff I can get at Wal-Mart. So, where do you folks get your food from? This is for goldfish and the three koi.

Thanks, John
Problem wth you buying in Bulk food wise John O is you need to make sure that the food stays fresh and in date

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
That's true Dave, but I have the three ponds and there is only Wal-Mart where I can buy fish food locally. Most likely I will share some of what I bought with a fellow ponder close by.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Idea John O ours are back to eating again only one meal of wheatgerm and garlic at the moment but its a start that should allow the pond to cycle

Dave

Ask a Question