fitler media

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
was looking at this bacti twist on line looks very good ...but seems nowhere sells it in the uk ....im thinking i should maybe move with my pond across the pond .. you seem to get all the new things first !!! :icon_smile:

Reaction score
just picked up some mesh bags and after work im going to SC to get my scotch pads and hopefully have my filter up and running., one thing im having a hard time doing is figuring out how to get the water from my Skippy to my pond im using a 30 gal keg barrel foe the mean time and will b putting in a 55 drum buried later

Reaction score
stroppy said:
was looking at this bacti twist on line looks very good ...but seems nowhere sells it in the uk ....im thinking i should maybe move with my pond across the pond .. you seem to get all the new things first !!! :icon_smile:

Hey Stoppy! Have you tried Bradshaws Direct? I think they can maybe get it...otherwise I would imagine shipping from the US might be prohibitive.

Funny that you say this because I was looking at an aerated retro bottom drain that a company in the UK sells only, and the shipping was $120/US! I think the drain was only $90/US. I wanted it so badly, but I couldn't justify the cost at all.

Ah well!

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 cubic feet of bacti-twist today. I've heard such great feedback on bacti-twist, that I decided to take the plunge. It will sit on top of my matala pads (a black and green one).

I hope it's what everyone is raving about. I got it from pondoutlet.com. It was the cheapest I could find it here in the US.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Way to go!:banana:
Stouty109 said:
I use 1/2" poly strapping for bacteria collection (sort of like springflo) said:
1/2 poly straping i have an unlimitated supply of that stuff, B/C i manage a ware house and thats what we use to band pallets. anyway we could get some pic of what u have to c if its the same stuff

Reaction score
I have used batting the whole summer and it has been great. I have it in my skimmer and also on the intake to another pump in the pond. It works great but I read that nu-foam will also take the smaller particles that causes the water to be green-brownish. I know it can be tannin fromleaves andother stuff so maybe the nu-foam will not help, but I will try it anyway. My water has been crystal clear all summer up until a week or so ago when it started to get brownish. I vacuumed up a lot of crud from the bottom so no wonder it went from crystal clear to not as crystal clear anymore. I have used Power Packs during the summer and I think they also helped a lot.
Tha batting has picked up a lot of green stuff all summer even though the water was crystal clear. The nu-foam has been in all day and it is picking up a lot fo crud so I am hoping that it will also pick up the smaller particles so the water will get crystal clear again before I have to winterize the pond.....

Reaction score
carolinaguy said:
i've seen some really cheap prices for matala lately too. you might check other forums for prices.

Matala does seem expensive, however, when you subtract the cost of buying other types of material and the labor in preparation, the Matala is worth every penny. I use three 6" rounds in one of my filters and love it! It also back flushes easily and has virtually no dead zones due to channeling.

Ask a Question