Flashing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
So I guess everyone is saying that the original poster should not do much to alleviate the flashing by the Koi. I am just generally against adding chemicals if other things fix the problem. So I wonder what the poster should do to fix the problem of the Koi flashing? It was a while ago that the poster put the request out for help in the forum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi,
I think at this point you have to try really hard to resist the temptation of keep adding things to your pond. Sometime trying to correct an issue creates much bigger problems
If you can find "Prime", I would dose just that and nothing else

Good luck!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I guess everyone is saying that the original poster should not do much to alleviate the flashing by the Koi.

I am frequently in the "do nothing" camp. Too often people throw three or four or a dozen "treatments" at a problem and only create more problems or, at the very least, confusion. Unless you know exactly what's causing the issue, it may be best to do nothing. In this case the OP has a number of factors - too many fish too fast to a new pond and including a fish that already has an issue and THEN treating the whole pond for a problem that only one was experiencing. A wait and see approach may be the way to go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
I am frequently in the "do nothing" camp. Too often people throw three or four or a dozen "treatments" at a problem and only create more problems or, at the very least, confusion. Unless you know exactly what's causing the issue, it may be best to do nothing. In this case the OP has a number of factors - too many fish too fast to a new pond and including a fish that already has an issue and THEN treating the whole pond for a problem that only one was experiencing. A wait and see approach may be the way to go.
Yep that is why I suggested quarantine the one that has an infection and then treat the rest which I assumed were all flashing????? If only one is then I agree with you LIsak1. If they are all flashing then I would act with only one "Treatment" and see how they go.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
. Unless you know exactly what's causing the issue, it may be best to do nothing.
My thinking too!
smthumbsup.gif

Ask a Question