Floating candles in the koi pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very thoughtful! I've always thrown around the idea of getting those fake floating lotus flower lights to throw in the pond for parties, but those real candles look like the only way to go for a nice romantic setting!
We just purchased 6 of the electric pond candles just to see what they were like. The absence of wax is appealing as they can make a mess.
The verdict is they are not all that bad, while they both float around the pond that's where the similarities stop. While the candles have the flame reflecting off the water . The electric have a recessed flame sorta speak. but they do flicker which in turn illuminates the entire base of them. So they have their own appeal. PLUS THERE' S NO WAX SPILLING ALL OVER THE PLACE. We had about 25 candles all over the pond but with the electric a dozen is probably all we would go for.
Nice thing about the electric they run off a watch battery and not aaa. Place them in the water and they turn on by two probes making contact with the water. However they take for ever to shut off once out of the water. verdict for a everyday night probably the electric . For company they get the candles

With the candles we have already burned up two boxes of 36 . but with a online purchase of a roll of wick i drill out the old wick. place a new already waxed wick in the depression from the old and melt down one or two candles and pour in the wax and wala 35 new candles for about 15 minutes work.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good job at making new ones. I have a bunch of bees wax need to melt it down and make some more.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
We just purchased 6 of the electric pond candles just to see what they were like. The absence of wax is appealing as they can make a mess.
The verdict is they are not all that bad, while they both float around the pond that's where the similarities stop. While the candles have the flame reflecting off the water . The electric have a recessed flame sorta speak. but they do flicker which in turn illuminates the entire base of them. So they have their own appeal. PLUS THERE' S NO WAX SPILLING ALL OVER THE PLACE. We had about 25 candles all over the pond but with the electric a dozen is probably all we would go for.
Nice thing about the electric they run off a watch battery and not aaa. Place them in the water and they turn on by two probes making contact with the water. However they take for ever to shut off once out of the water. verdict for a everyday night probably the electric . For company they get the candles

With the candles we have already burned up two boxes of 36 . but with a online purchase of a roll of wick i drill out the old wick. place a new already waxed wick in the depression from the old and melt down one or two candles and pour in the wax and wala 35 new candles for about 15 minutes work.
I just picked up two packages of the electric ones for my daughter's 1st birthday this weekend. Hoping to grab a nice picture :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Let us know if you agree and what brand you got.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I went with the white rounded no flower shape we are going to get a few more.

Your camera is doing a great job with the recording it looks great

Ask a Question