j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is there such a thing as a snake trap to catch them alive? I would be doing that but I'm glad I don't need to worry about it. He looks like he could eat a bunch of fish. Can you just put a dish of sardines out for him each day :smuggrin:

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fish, frogs etc all know there are predators out there, the strong will survive.............. Walking around I did see plop plop here and there even tiny frogs heading into the ponds. Just no toads, so strange usually a whole lot of them dropping eggs. Can see them at night having a party, not this year, unless our up and down temps have them on slow down. I have seen zero eggs from any frogs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
There are traps for snakes and I've seen a you tube video of one. They often use an egg as bait and you need to position the cage correctly so as to not drown the snake.

Wonder if Turd Nessie is dining on toads?

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's really nice to have a water snake around. Great photos of it too.
The only snake I've seen in my garden is a small terrestrial specias known as a sharp-tailed snake. They are mostly subterranean or nocturnal so I only find one if I'm lifting rocks or pots. Supposedly, they specialize in eating snails and slugs, so that's another bonus.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Right now it gets to stay, I do like nature, there are hiding spots for the fish. On a wait and see right now. i saw a brown water snake years ago, this may be the same one, but I have not spotted till now.

Ask a Question