frogs eating goldfish

Reaction score
Only Bullfrogs present this problem. Once they reach adult size they will eat anything that will fit into their mouths; fish, insects, other frogs, birds and other small animals. They are considered a nuisance species in many states. They, while maybe being a conversation item, are definitely a negative element around any pond.
I’m having a problem with a huge bull frog. Thinking about laying chicken wire b over it at night to keep it out. What r your thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently counted 13 small to medium bull frogs in my backyard pond. Also recently one of the larger frogs was spotted with a dead fish in its mouth...which was too big to swallow. My reading reveals that frogs eat insects but on occasion eat other animals. So the question is should i try to relocate the frogs or is this really not a problem I should worry about??
I have frogs and fish in my pond I feed the fish and I also feed the frogs night crawlers so they won't each each other. They seem to live in harmony until a an owl comes to visit and helps himself to both it is the chain of life, Frogs feed so many animals. I give them a safe pond and places to hide, the rest is up to mother nature

Ask a Question