Frogs Only Please.....

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
'Way back in the dark ages, someone rolled a canoe while trying to cross a beaver dam on the Dunrankin River in north Ontario. The only food that survived was some VERY un-ripe bananas. We had to scrounge our food in the bush, and frogs were easy to get, so when the trout weren't biting, we fried frogs' legs! Anyone who tells you they taste like chicken is lying through his teeth! :vomit:
John

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Never had frog. I did try alligator this weekend though. It had the consistency of lobster. It was good but I probably wouldn't order it again. Really greasy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a is probably average winter, but I've seen it -24F here once in 30 years, and -10 to -15 at times
Country
United States
DSC_2001.NEF.jpg
DSC_2006.jpg
DSC_2020.jpg
Here in Arizona frogs are pretty rare. I found this guy in a stock tank in the pine forest of northern AZ. Unfortunately, it was the only frog to be seen. The garter snake was also in the same tank, and it has a suspicious looking bulge in it's body.

Reaction score
Oh I want a frog like that one!!! Should I be jealous over a frog? Something is wrong with me. The snake, no way.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here in Arizona frogs are pretty rare. I found this guy in a stock tank in the pine forest of northern AZ
Beautiful frog! I had a bunch of frogs in my arizona pond, all bought as tads from somewhere in texas. They did fine until my late husband collected some huge bull frogs from a local run off area, they ate them all then hopped away.

I went to college in Flagstaff, a lot of nice trout filled mountain streams up there, if you can get to them.

Ask a Question