water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh gosh how much did they charge you.

For each charge it was an extra 1000, for the excitement factor. :LOL: the most dangerous charge was the elephant, they will grab you out of the truck, toss you around with their trunk and kneel on you until you quit moving. That was an extra 2000

I have always wanted to go on a safari.

It was a once in a lifetime trip. 5 weeks over there, a 2 week tent safari, camping out in the wild, one night we had lions woofing outside the tents. They said if you hear them just stay in your tent. The guides would chase them away.

After the safari did a white river rafting trip down the Zambezi river, a week long trip. Started right at the base of Victoria falls. and spent a week in Kenya.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like an exciting trip addy and glad you didn't get woofed up by the big cats. I don't think I would get much sleep w/ them close enough to hear like that :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
For each charge it was an extra 1000, for the excitement factor. :LOL: the most dangerous charge was the elephant, they will grab you out of the truck, toss you around with their trunk and kneel on you until you quit moving. That was an extra 2000

It was a once in a lifetime trip. 5 weeks over there, a 2 week tent safari, camping out in the wild, one night we had lions woofing outside the tents. They said if you hear them just stay in your tent. The guides would chase them away.

After the safari did a white river rafting trip down the Zambezi river, a week long trip. Started right at the base of Victoria falls. and spent a week in Kenya.
That sounds incredible. Definitely a trip of a lifetime.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My Leopard Frog was out yesterday, oddly. I've only ever seen it out at night, frequently, but never during the day. I threw about 5 insects at him and he ate all of them immediately.
DSCN7407.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My cam is catching this big boy! It is a green frog, has taken ownership of the deck pond. Sitting waiting for a bug.

frog.JPG

frof.JPG
frog1.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He/she over winters in the deck pond, has for a few years now. That pond is shallow, exposed, freezes up, not sure how he / she does it but is always there in the spring. I have also found a few surprise fish in the deck pond, those eggs travel from the big pond, but in the spring there they are. Maybe right before the real freeze it hops away to the big pond, no clue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a is probably average winter, but I've seen it -24F here once in 30 years, and -10 to -15 at times
Country
United States
Did a little hike down in a canyon in north central AZ last week. Ran across another Canyon tree frog. It didn't budge as I climbed down practically right over it, and then stopped for a photo. It seems they vary in color a bit depending on the surroundings. Compare with the photo of the frog I posted a couple of pages back.
DSC_9192_stitch.jpg
DSC_9386_stitch.jpg
DSC_9222.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow, could you grab me some of that gorgeous rock? LOL
I love the color in the 2nd pix, looks like it was that time of evening when everything has that lovely pinkish light to it. Great shots Riftlake!

Ask a Question