Frogs Only Please.....

Reaction score
I'd only seen one frog in the pond during the evenings lately, and when I went outto check last night there was nothing. I'd started to believe that I would have to wait another year before I was lucky enough to get frogspawn for the first time.

Then this morning I wake to find some in my pond.I can't tell you how happy I am right now.

spawn-01.png

spawn-02.png

spawn-03.png

Looks like they'd waited until very late to leave me a surprise!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Northern cricket frog.JPG
I saw this tiny little Northern Cricket frog yesterday. If you look closely, you will see a green stripe down it's back, and another green stripe between the eyes. They all are different, so once I photograph one, I can see how many show up. That garter snake has me worried for these little guys. This frog is maybe 3/4" long, very small.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Perfect frog weather here now and I hear them but I want to see them.
Glad your friendly frog made it @AnthonyRibis

@CountryEscape that's a darn cute little bitty thing. It's hardly as big as that plant bud next to it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Thought I lost the only 3 frogs I though were in the pond. Saw a bullfrog in there last weekend. So either he was the only survivor over wintering or he just showed up.
Now that I restarted my pump we are back down to freezing temps. :mad: Hope he doesn't eat any of my babies from last year while he is waiting for bugs to arrive.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I heard a few spring peepers way back in the woods. Very faint but peeping

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are toads, they are the first to enjoy spring. I get a ton of them, then the frogs when it slightly warmer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I learned that toads lay their eggs in our ponds, just like the frogs, but then we need to make sure they can get back out of the water. Frogs by me were really singing last night, the little peeper ones in my farm pond. It was warm, and drizzling rain last night, and I guess they loved it. Bullfrogs were jumping in all around the goldfish pond, at least 6 of them jumped before I saw them. Tonight, chilly, windy, going down to 34 tonight, but back up to 57 and sunny tomorrow, so they will be back. :) Here are two bullfrogs I got pics of last night in between the rains.
Bullfrog 2.JPG
Bullfrog.JPG

Ask a Question