Garden Pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a koi pond and the waterfall stopped working suddenly. can I use a 60 gallon aquarium air pump to help keep oxygen in the water until I get a company to fix the waterfall. it's in Florida, extremely hot. there is one koi and 5 goldfish in the pond its5 a small koi pond, but way bigger than 60 gallons..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It surely won't hurt too use it however is it enough I can not say. We do not know your fish load or how lard the pond is bigger the better.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! What size is your pond?

And yes, anything is better than nothing. I hope you can get the pump fixed or replaced soon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Go buy a bigger aerator - they aren't hard to find. You should be running one all the time anyway.

How big IS your pond? And more importantly - does this mean your filter isn't working either? Most waterfalls are directly connected to the biofiltration -

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Welcome46.gif
@SirinaBlue
Gosh hope this can get fixed fast! This feels like a disaster just waiting to happen. The word small and Koi in the same sentence is kind of scary. Don't know tho what your idea of small pond is? Maybe you have a 10,000 gal pond.

Ask a Question