General Rants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Went to a concert recently (Bad Co & Joe Walsh) and they were charging $5 for a bottle of water I mean seriously the whole case of water costs just a little more than that.

Hubby went to get a beer and came back without one. Told me they wanted $13 for one.

Reaction score
Went to a concert recently (Bad Co & Joe Walsh) and they were charging $5 for a bottle of water I mean seriously the whole case of water costs just a little more than that.

Hubby went to get a beer and came back without one. Told me they wanted $13 for one.

I rest my case. However as far as the carnivals and fairs go in their defense the cities charge the vendors so much that they have to over charge (somewhat) for the food and drink. The solution is for the vendors to boycott for a year and watch the fees drop. They would drop faster than the price of gas goes up.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
BIG rant of mine..... BILLIONS of dollars spent every year on cancer research, yet the carnage shows no sign of slowing down! Lost another dear friend this past Friday. Diagnosed in April, I believe, underwent three operations, two or three rounds of chemo, then told nothing more could be done. Her dream was to retire early (which she did), move from the city to a place up North (which they did) and raise healthy, heritage vegetables in their greenhouse, a dream which lasted only one year. A lovely, vibrant soul, taken from us far too early! And what has all the research accomplished? More ridiculously expensive drugs to prolong the dying so that Big Pharma can get even richer! Cancer has become big business, and I doubt we will see any kind of cure in our lifetime. May you rest in peace, Mary. You are sorely missed.
John

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States

$13 beer tastes horrible...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks @HARO
He is so young, only in his 20's and this is his 3rd time w/tumors. Started when he was 3 and he beat that one for 20 years. Had another one a couple yrs ago and beat that one but the 3rd one is just too much for him. They say nothing more they can do for him.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
So I've got this sign.... It's worked really well for the most part, once an anti-gun canvasser did ring the bell, how rude! Then the other day I found a handful of a local senate party propaganda tossed in my shrubs.
035.jpg

I'm really not interested in your belief.

Reaction score
So I've got this sign.... It's worked really well for the most part, once an anti-gun canvasser did ring the bell, how rude! Then the other day I found a handful of a local senate party propaganda tossed in my shrubs. View attachment 94418
I'm really not interested in your belief.
I had a guy from a conservation group one time at my door looking for me to sign a petition and make a donation. No matter how politely I tried I couldn't get him to leave. I finally told him that I had eagle meat boiling on the stove and if I didn't get back to it it would become to tough to eat. He left in disgust.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I hate Tony Romo. Always have. It is my firm belief you cannot be a Dallas Cowboys fan and be a Tony Romo fan.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Spilled coffee dow my laptop, I thought it was a goer. Everythigs OK except the letter that comes after "M" ad the the oe that comes after "A".. Tried the oscree typig ut that sucks. My B and N wot work o the keyoard. MY B AND N WONT WORK ON KEYBOARD ONLY SCREEN TYPING.

Ask a Question