MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I once saw a car ahead of me on Route 80 one night with sparks flying out the back. As I got closer and passed it, I saw the driver was driving on his back rims...doing about 40mph...guess he had to get some where! :LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I remember when my parents moved back to PA and dad had his boat on the back of his truck and I happened to look over and said dad they have a boat like yours .Well it was his and hitch had broke no fun chasing and stopping the boat .My brother and my hubby had to box it in to slow it down with the moving truck and with dads other truck .Before cell phones and lucky not much on the road and they saw it just as I saw it .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sometimes I get my jollies watching carcrash vids on YT. One thing I see often is that when the crash is happening most people wont take evasive action, they just continue driving, sometimes right into the carnage. Had my chance today and made the most of it. I saw what was happening and took action to avoid trouble.

What dash cam are you using? That has a great picture and resolution.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
What dash cam are you using? That has a great picture and resolution.
I've had it for probably 5 years, not sure if the models still around. But I started with searching "best dash cam" and this was one of them, it has good nighttime res. also which was important to me. Price at the time $175. It says "Blackbox safe driving" on the front, it's to old to show up in my ebay purchase history, and won't come up in search. I've tried two others, one for $35 had decent daytime res, but nighttime was worthless. The other was for my daughter, she wanted a dual cam that had front and rear cams, decent vid but the format to download wasn't compatible and it was an ordeal to try and view video. Keep those in mind when shopping.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My rant today...
Went to sign on to my business credit card account and got a warning message that "There are no open accounts with this online ID" and a phone number to call. After trying again...with the same ID and password I have used for eons...I called the phone number on the warning message. After waiting a while, the rep told me she had to get me over to Business Services. (Huh, why did the warning message connect me with Consumer Services?) After a longer wait, the next rep said she had to get me over to the Business Card Services. Another wait...and this rep said she had to get me over to Online Account Services....another wait and the Online Account Services rep said she had to get me over to card services...AGAIN!!!!!....another wait and Card Services told me that there was a data breech with a company that took my business credit card, (3rd time this year!) so they are issuing a new card. When I asked why I was not informed, I was told informing customers is "hit or miss". When I expressed concerned about a company that is supposed to charge $1300 to my old card today, the rep said not to worry; they can still charge the old card. When asked how can they charge the old card when there has been a data breech and a new card issued, the rep said they didn't want to close down the old card totally! At this point, I told her to cancel my card. 46:28 minutes waiting time.
emoticon-pointing-a-gun-on-his-head-369.jpg

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes! Amazing. And, what I find even more amazing is that they have not shut down the card totally so people can still charge (even though there has been a data breech with someone I used the card with), but I can't get into the account. What's wrong with this picture?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So much wrong, and to not even contact you to verbally get an ok for anyone trying to charge is ridiculous. I think you made the right call shutting it off.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
They told me that people can still charge to the old card for another 3 weeks before it will be deactivated...BUT I have no access to my account until I activate my new card when it arrives. :mad: It's like something out of a bad dream.

Then, I called my other bank about my business checking account. I have been using mobile deposits with them for 3 months. It's great! I can deposit checks using my Notepad and avoid driving 12 miles round trip to the bank. The only problem is they have limits on how much I can deposit each month. I asked them about raising the limit since I need to deposit more each month than the limit they set. They said the limit is set by their Risk Management Department and is the same for all small businesses. (You mean you don't want my money? :eek:). So, you can only deposit about $4000 a month via mobile...than, it's off to the bank again! Big help...NO!

The two banks I mentioned today are Bank of America and Wells Fargo. I think it's time to find one of those old neighborhood banks...if they still exist, or start burying my assets in my backyard. Wait until they all go to digital money...believe me, it's on the horizon. It will make today's headaches look like a walk in the park.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love my Amex card, I get a text whenever it's used and have had no issues with fraud charges. I had 1 charge disputed and they took care of it. I use it for everything and get mileage. I sent my daughter home to Hawaii for the summer off the miles.
As far as banks, I would definitely find a local bank. We have a few and there isn't a limit on mobile deposits but they do charge me $1 per deposit so I don't use it all the time.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have wanted to get out of Well's Fargo for a while, but I have 2 checking accounts, 1 savings account, 2 mortgages, a line of credit, a business loan and a consumer loan with them. With 7 accounts, I would probably have to sleep over in their local office to get all of these closed. I keep putting it off.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
With 7 accounts, I would probably have to sleep over in their local office to get all of these closed. I keep putting it off.

We're in the same boat. And we recently learned we had an "account" opened that we didn't even know about. No money in or out, but apparently someone was trying to hit their sales quota and opened it without out knowledge or OK. Not cool.

Ask a Question