morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Few people realize that for all the multitudes of "brand name" appliance-makers out there, there are only actually 14 corporate entities that market these "individual" brands.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Of course there's not a factory for every brand name, but when it comes to manufacturing you really do get what you pay for. The true quality of a product cannot be seen, it comes from inside.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a friend in NJ and she bought high quality appliances and those are not the best either .Her range alone was 25 thousand dollars .One of those big fancy gas ones with the colored knobs and a commercial fridge and freezer that runs on lots of electric and sounds terrible.I can hear it come on when she is on the phone with me,buzzzzz .The range has been repaired several times .She called last night complaining to me for an hour about them and how the range messed up her holiday dinner .I fed over 30 people with my frigidaire double oven range :) .I just listen and agree like I should ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK, the brands to go with are Miele, Siemens and Bosch (their top ranges). All are based on good, reliable German engineering. I've recently bought a Miele dishwasher. It is heavy, but well made. It's whisper quiet, and is very thorough. I've yet to pull an item out that is still dirty or marked.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My rant I HATE LENNOX PRODUCTS heat pump is out again .I want to blow the both units up right now and the cuss words you sure don't want to hear .I never cuss but right now that is all I can do .4 repairs on this stupid thing so far and this will be 5 .Glad at least it will be warmer the next couple of days .Did I say I hate LENNOX .CALLED THE SUPPORT SERVICE YEH SURE SUPPORT SERVICE .Bull crap service .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Best of luck Sissy. I haven't heard alot of good from anyone i know who has a Lennox heating system. I have a Waterfurnace geothermal system that has been in 8 years and so far so good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If anyone tells you that solar energy systems are easy to maintain (without government funded contracts), have them contact me....
:mad:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They now rent systems here and they get the credits and they maintain the systems and you pay a small fee and you get the credits also from your utility company

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Sometimes I get my jollies watching carcrash vids on YT. One thing I see often is that when the crash is happening most people wont take evasive action, they just continue driving, sometimes right into the carnage. Had my chance today and made the most of it. I saw what was happening and took action to avoid trouble.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Sometimes I get my jollies watching carcrash vids on YT. One thing I see often is that when the crash is happening most people wont take evasive action, they just continue driving, sometimes right into the carnage. Had my chance today and made the most of it. I saw what was happening and took action to avoid trouble.
That suv driver retained pretty good control, considering he/she JUST LOST A TIRE on the freeway!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I wonder what percentage of the population would have:
-screamed
-dropped their cigarette
-picked up the cellphone so they could start live streaming to Facebook

:rolleyes:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Glad this was brought back up because have been wrestling with this for months .I go prospecting with a friend half my age ,but I keep up and have been teaching him how to do it since I grew up with my grandpop teaching me .Well last time we went he had married the girl that he was dating .He is the outdoors type and active and she is the desk jockey that think outdoors is disgusting and dirty and only goes to the gym .He asked me when we were up there for advice after only 6 months of marriage .Is this going to work ,I thought he was talking about what we were doing of course .We pulled in a lot the last time we went .He was talking about his marriage oh dear me was all I could think .Do men really look for women the total opposite of themselves and does it work out .He is like a son to me and I myself thinks he deserves better .He owned his own house and it is almost paid off and she is trying to get him to sell it so she get get her big huge dream house .My concern is if he sells then only half is his when the new one is bought .He called this morning and wants to go back up to the mountains to his land again .What should I say .I am surely going, it hard but fun also .I try to use my mom instincts .If he is asking to me it is not right .A man would probably say dump her while you can ,or would they .

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
That suv driver retained pretty good control, considering he/she JUST LOST A TIRE on the freeway!
Agreed.
Yeah, no need to pull over or stop it was just ONE tire, still got 3 good tires left to get them where they are going. (y)
Like the cars on my right that couldn't be bothered with slowing down in an emergency situation.

Ask a Question