sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The guy is coming tomorrow that looks to repair sears products and take it out .There was nothing but white smoke all over the house and I told them they are lucky I was home .My puppies are safe .

Reaction score
Sears appliances are junk. I bought a dishwasher and about a year later it quit. I did some troubleshooting and found out what was wrong. They didn't have the part for a one year old model.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep with my kenmore dishwasher the motor went out the first year and they finally found one after a week .Well must be something wrong if a 1 year old appliance is not made any more and no parts for it .I got the extended warranty and it said if they could not fix it they would replace it .Darn they had to find the motor .:)The washer arm broke and then the front controls stopped working and they are acting up again .Strike 3 and they will be giving me my money back on that also .I bought the 5 year warranty on both and they had an offer to get another year free plus the manufactures warranty from them of a year .No wonder sears is closing stores .At least it is not my bad luck

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hear Sears along w/Kmart are going out of business soon. I see the Kmart stores closing around here but not sure about the Sears. My hubby likes their Diehard batteries for his Dodge truck. He just had to buy two of them. Batteries way different then their lousy appliances tho. I will never buy any of them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Opinion need since now dishwasher can not be fixed .I have the extended tub one but visible controls and wondering about the hidden controls .Anyone have the hidden ones and what do you like or dislike in them and have you had problems with them .Can you stop heat dry on your dishwasher and does it work .Have you had front control before or just hidden controls .Sears can't fix the microwave or dishwasher ,parts not available since they are discontinued .

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have Sears microwave, fridge and stove. Parts not available for fridge or range so will be replacing both soon.
I have a Bosch dishwasher with hidden controls. I love it. 3 shelves, 2 are adjustable. No problems with the hidden controls. Ours does not have a heater to dry dishes. It sprays super hot water so most things come out dry except plastics. Nice thing about it is you don't have to worry about putting plastics in the bottom rack.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sad when they don't make parts anymore ,just to make you buy new .I want one with a stainless steel tub like the one I had in NJ .Home depot now charges a 59 dollar fee to deliver even to the store if it is under 397 dollars .Thing is every dishwasher they had was on back order of 8 to 10 weeks .No appliance stores around her except lowes and danville appliance and there cheapest dishwasher at danville app. was 1700 dollars .That is stupid .I have the deep tub now and really like it because it has loots of space between racks .Only other place is sears and sure don't want to go there .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I paid car money for our last fridge (a lot)... One year later cannot get a water filter for it, had a service tech out once already. That's a Whirlpool product. Got my lovely wife a nice new stove for xmas... Samsung product, love it so far, time will tell. Things used to be made here, by us.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My house in Arizona still has the Whirlpool fridge I bought in 02 running just fine, never has been worked on.
The lg fridge we bought for our Maryland house is doing fine, one of the best ice makers I have run into.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol my whirlpool washer and dryer, bought in 2000 hauled from arizona, front load HE with cracked plastic fronts are still running fine. Hubby wants to swap out the dryer for a propane one, I say why, it is still working.
Our ge fridg died a early death, in MD, only lived 6 years, we replaced it with a LG that is right now running fine, the ge fridg down hear doing fine. I guess it is just pure luck if you get a good one or not.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We've had a Miele dishwasher for 10 years that hasn't given us any problems.
It's also a dishwasher that does not use an electric element for heat.
I find front controls are more convenient than hidden controls.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My dishwasher in NJ was an Asko Asia and was Swedish and a gift from my custom kitchen cabinet maker .I always run hot water so element gets help to start ,was told you should always do that .I have the front load whirlpool washer and dryer with the drawers under and bought them back in 2004 and they still work great .But most times I hang my laundry out instead of using the dryer .My ge appliances that came new with my modular home got hit by a surge .Electrician never put the whole house surge protector in the inside breaker box ,he only put one in the outside breaker box .I was lucky it only got the appliances in the kitchen and not anything else .I looked at the bosch one with stainless interior and microwave I looked at was a samsung but found out a lot of samsung products are on recall because of fire hazards ,Fridges ,dishwashers and microwaves were at the top of the list

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I looked at was a samsung but found out a lot of samsung products are on recall because of fire hazards ,Fridges ,dishwashers and microwaves were at the top of the list
?what about phones:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I do like the LG stuff, this will be my first Samsung appliance.
Corporate didn't realize/care what they were doing to their company's name when they decided to build in China, or use China parts. Those old Kenmores and Whirlpools were great units but cost reductions and senior management bonuses have reduced them to little more than a dying name. I was, at first excited to purchase a 'gold series' Whirlpool product but now.... meh, it's just a pretty fridge with an ice maker that has a poor design. The problem is the agitator doesn't sweep the corners well so, unless I remove the chunk of stale ice every week, you get stale ice from the dispenser at random times. Honestly while I'm writing this I'm thinking of what a HUGE problem this is compared to the starving children in many parts of the earth, the people who've died so I may have fresh ice. Yes, yes I am glad to be an American.

Ask a Question