General Rants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
All right, Sissy, HERE GOES! Three weeks of extreme cold warnings, winds rattling the house non-stop, drifts covering all the roads.... (If I didn't have to pay the fuel bill I would actually be enjoying this! ) :) Just heard that this February will go down in history as the coldest on record, and they've been keeping track since 1885!! I guess this isn't a rant about the weather, so much as a rant about the cost of fuel oil.
John
Give it up for global warming :ROFLMAO::):D:happy: eh John ;) ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I guess when you think about our Canadian friends, our weather is not so bad But.. I have an elderly dog that won't go out when it's this cold unless I go out with her. I'm elderly too !!!!!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
AARP, I don't want it cuz I choose not to. They don't get the drift of that and keep sending it after I told them to stop. So they will now get the old prepaid envelope they send ya stuffed full of junk!
I really, REALLY like that idea, j.w..

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Get better Big Lou, and eat lots of eggs cause they are NOW good for you and good source of vitamin D.
Dumb experts tried to scare everyone away from good old fashion foods telling us it was bad for our cholesterol and of course these were the same experts who said hydrogenated margarine was good for us!! Now they finally admit they were wrong and foods with lots of cholesterol do not effect our cholesterol ! Just goes to show you how dumb some experts are!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Recall me telling you that I am currently ill with the croup. Here's a rant caused by one of my own. The title for this rant is "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished".

Bought musical concert special back stage 'meet & greet' passes via online Ticketmaster for grandson and his mom. Sent an accompanying email specifically to point out the tranferred tickets had to be downloaded and printed out within 48 hours of transfer. This took place months ago. Concert is tomorrow afternoon. Received panicked phone call today informing me she forgot to download the tickets! Feeling like death warmed over I spent the next two and one half hours on the phone, either on hold, with CS agent 1, 2 or 3 getting this mess resolved. I love my family, I love my family, I love (cough, hack, cough, sneeze) my family.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Poor Lou, hope all your suffering paid off for the family and hope you feel better soon.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
10437617_997503170309812_4650116084528428510_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I hate being told by one person yes I'm exempt from paying my dental fee, after showing them my paper work only to be told by the powers that be I'm committing fraud and your find £100 for the privelige just what is going on in the UK nowadays is it a case of the blind leading the blind if I dont pay up in 28 days then a further £25 will be added to the fine they have given me etc etc
God help us the little man when our rich and famous can get away embezzling tax's thanx in part to the Switzerland part HSBC banking chain though there were thousands of trangressors only one has so far been bought to book the tax people rather than contacting the serious fruad office created a sort of gentlemans agreement that if they paid what they owed nothing more would be said.
But in the US france and other countries they are seeking out these people and are bringing the law to bear
One Rule for them another for us

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Get better Big Lou, and eat lots of eggs cause they are NOW good for you and good source of vitamin D.
Dumb experts tried to scare everyone away from good old fashion foods telling us it was bad for our cholesterol and of course these were the same experts who said hydrogenated margarine was good for us!! Now they finally admit they were wrong and foods with lots of cholesterol do not effect our cholesterol ! Just goes to show you how dumb some experts are!
Yes Butter is good for us too :happy:
So come on Experts what about the fry up we used to eat bacon, eggs, sausage, Kidney and baked beens with fried bread like we used to eat back in the 60's and 70's ehhh ???????? :confused:

Dave

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I eat tons of butter and fry all my food mostly in clarified butter. I eat three eggs almost every other day and have lots of PC Free From (all hormones and antibiotics) sausage, chicken and beef. When I need a snack I have double churned cream first, natural ice cream. I also eat lots of fresh fruit, potatoes and carrots, and seldom do I have bread or pasta. I feel really good eating lots of whole eggs and they are fresh free range eggs, and eggs are good source of vitamin D!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
And I work to death in a freezer moving tons of Boxes and heavy frozen bread dough. It is very hard work and I have been working at bakery doing frozens for about 10 years now! Today I successfully completed another hard day of physical labor and feel really good from head to toe, sitting outside right now, drinking very dark lip staining red wine, and listening to the wicked howling wind blowing up on the tree tops and banging things in the midle of the night!
20150301_225854.jpg

Ask a Question