General Rants

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Anybody use the online ordering for store pick up at Lowes? Swore I would never do it again but-- was looking for garden fencing and found 24"x50' vinyl coated steel fence clearance priced at $7.70. Less than half price! Our local store did not have the 4 rolls I needed so got directed to several other stores. Finally found 3 rolls at a store about 50 miles away. Got an email 20 minutes later saying order was ready for pick-up. Drive all the way there with hubby, go to customer service with paperwork and they can't find my fence. Seems Brandon pulled the order and went home. Got redirected to lumber???
Lumber sent me back to customer service, then out to lawn and garden! We went out to the fencing section and were directed to the vinyl fence section. Not looking for 10" panels of fence- it's rolled! We found the rolls but it was a different brand, ours was a discontinued brand. Back to customer service and they go looking for the manager. He comes up, looks at the order and goes to look for the fence. 20 minutes later- 3 rolls of the store brand $27. each. He told us they changed the item number ( and obviously the brand). Got the fence for the discounted price, 2+ hours wasted. They used to advertise 20 minute guarantee pick up time. Didn't see the sign this time. No one seems to know how to pull an item off the shelf and put it in a holding area. Have had the same problem with Kmart and sears, never less than an hour wait while someone goes looking for an order.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you complain enough they will take more off .When I ordered the culvert pipe at lowes and went to the store to pick it up after they called me and told me it was there I complained like crazy in the store and online .I ended up with pipe costing me 60 dollars for each 15 inch pipe of 20 ft length and it was originally 88 dollars a piece and they delivered it free.Win Win for me .Home depot same thing ordered my new lawnmower and they told me it was going to be delivered on a lift gate truck and a freight truck showed up ,sorry but private homes don't have loading docks .Well called home depot and complained and they had it delivered to the store here and put it together and tested it and put a full tank of gas in and manager personally on a home depot rental truck delivered it to my house and showed my how to use it and brought a 5 gallon can of gas and gave me 200 dollars off the mower

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My rant how would you feel if you had neighbors that you turned in for dumping shingles and all kinds of stuff in the wooded property thAT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM TO SEE TODAY THEY HAVE BEEN DUMPING ALL THERE HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE BACK THERE The people who own the property do not live in the house they have been renting it and they can't see the garbage because it is so far from the house .I turned them in and nothing was done and I even sent pics of the mess .Now I am going to demand they do something and take more pics

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Telemarketing phone calls.

I've developed many strategies over the years. Many, many years ago when they asked to speak to the homeowner, I'd hand the phone to my 2 year old. Since then I've become more inventive:

Example 1 : Duct Cleaning Services - I carefully explain to them that all of my ducks are very clean, but I have many, many filthy chickens. Do they clean chickens?
Example 2 : The Weed Man Lawn Services - I tell them that weed gives me a headache, but if they can get a hold of any hashish, to please call back.
Example 3: Any Other Company - I ask them for their home phone number and tell them that I'll get back to them some time around dinner hour tomorrow.

Another thing that gets my fruit of the looms in a knot are people that speed in residential areas, well above the posted limits. What really gets my gitch in a glob is when the sphincter in question peels down the street and pull into a driveway of the very street that said person lives on. Talk about crapping where you eat.

Aggressive, speeding lane changers that make 2.5 million lane changes only to end up beside you at the next red light. Idjits on cell phones that don't see the light turn green because they're busy solving some world crisis through the UN on their "smart" phone. Morons that will pass you quickly, pull in front of you, brake and then signal to turn right. Kids that have their pants hanging down around their thighs (although it is amusing to watch them tackle stairs at the mall - Picture "March of the Penguins).

Lastly, I really hate people that complain about every little thing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Nope we pay 60 dollars a year and we have to drive to the dump and city people pay 60 dollars and they get garbage picked up .Doesn't sound fair HUH .I live in the county with the farms and wild animals like bear and fox .Dump is 5 miles from my house

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope we pay 60 dollars a year and we have to drive to the dump and city people pay 60 dollars and they get garbage picked up .Doesn't sound fair HUH .I live in the county with the farms and wild animals like bear and fox .Dump is 5 miles from my house

We have weekly pick up of trash and bi weekly pick up of recycled items. During the spring summer and fall we also have weekly pick up of yard waste.

We used to have these services for free but for the last few years now we have to pay for them. It's about 200.00 dollars a year and if you don't pay it will be assessed to your property taxes.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ours is already in our tax bill and in NJ we had pick up and they pump your gas for your vehicle .But I did pay 11 thousand a year on an acre with a 2400 sq. ft house and here we pay a thousand dollars on 3 acres and 2440 sq. ft .I own 3 one acre lots and did not combine them .The house is on the center lot

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Going to reactivate this thread. Friday I got a letter in the mail from a credit card company addressed to be from a company my husband has an account with. Seems someone tried to open a Victoria Secret account with my info! I was suspicious and refused to give out my SS# to them. I had just had my friends from Ohio say they got a letter regarding the hack on BC-BS medical. They do not have internet access and are not tech people. Told them to call bank and accept the free credit monitoring and don't worry too much about it. I feel so bad now! Yesterday I attempted to text my hubby and it got bounced back- 5 times! Tried to call and was given message my phone was not on network. Called from house phone and it went to voicemail but generic message. So I went online with my wireless carrier. Everything seemed fine until I checked my orders- haven't placed one in 2 years! 2 new I-phone 6S with unlimited usage and max memory- $849. each!!! I called them and I couldn't get thru as my phones had been deacvtivated! I called security this morning and was told someone walked into a store and ordered new phones with the works and gave my name, address and cell # and were given the phones. No ID required!!! Really??? I now have a order password for them ( didn't know this even existed). I still have to call fraud dept. tomorrow to make sure everything is taken care of.They were surprised I caught this but since we use online technology, I check things on a daily basis. Who sells $1700. worth of phones and doesn't ask for ID? Guessing top seller contest. Going to let them know planning on calling lawyer for possible lawsuit as the lady who handled my call had the same problem. Took her till she got her bill to catch it. At least I can laugh at the person who did this who now has very expensive paperweights as the phones can't be activated on any service. Still have to call the credit card company and get that mess straightened out. I hate Mondays!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I know it's been a while, but I have one beef I just HAVE to get off my chest. The son of a marginal aquaintance has wound up in hospital in severe shape, and the doctors have told his parents there is NO way he'll be leaving hospital unless they can find a liver for a transplant. Now, this "kid" is around 28 years old, has never held a job for more than a day, and the reason he needs a liver is because he has devoted every concious moment to finding a better way to escape reality! He has used (or ABused) every street drug out there, and washed it all down with liberal amounts of alcohol. I would hate to think that some poor soul whose liver has been damaged through no fault of his or her own will go without so that this waste of a life can get his transplant. Hopefully there is some kind of screening in place to prevent this from happening!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Another one and glad this was brought back up as my nephew who has done drugs for years and his wife addicted to drugs just had a baby born addicted and the hospital would not allow the baby to go home with them and what do they do but call the cops .How stupid can you be .Ruin your own life but then you destroy another innocent persons life and try this crap .They do and sell drugs and he is now in jail for selling heroin and was caught with 30 bags of heroin and oxycodone and that is distribution .He has the nerve to call me to bail him out ,a cold day in hell .His wife never got prenatal care and poor baby was born with 4 types of drugs in his system .Heroin ,oxycodone and meth, and marijuana .How can they think this is right .We are in a country that a lot young people do not care ,they think life is one big party and there behavior is appalling .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
John Alcohol can and does become addictive especially if you have pre-existing mental health problems mine was PTSD I've been there, done it and wrote the book my friend .
Its a fact that if Alcohol has a hell of alott to answer for , its legalised dealing of a drug the same as any drug.
If it was discovered today we'd all be sat around smoking cannabis which is at least useful and has pain suppressing Qualities booze would be banned and the world a more peaceful place with no glassings fights etc

Dave

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I just hate driving in general. People are so rude behind the wheel, takes ALL my patience just to commute. I thought it change if I had a better car but it didn't. On my days off you can't get me to leave the house.

Ask a Question