General Rants

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I hate being told by one person yes I'm exempt from paying my dental fee, after showing them my paper work only to be told by the powers that be I'm committing fraud and your find £100 for the privelige just what is going on in the UK nowadays is it a case of the blind leading the blind if I dont pay up in 28 days then a further £25 will be added to the fine they have given me etc etc
God help us the little man when our rich and famous can get away embezzling tax's thanx in part to the Switzerland part HSBC banking chain though there were thousands of trangressors only one has so far been bought to book the tax people rather than contacting the serious fruad office created a sort of gentlemans agreement that if they paid what they owed nothing more would be said.
But in the US france and other countries they are seeking out these people and are bringing the law to bear
One Rule for them another for us

Dave
After hubby was deathly sick with cancer, evil Government income tax Man says I owe them 2,800 dollars!! They made it next to impossible to claim stuff!! So wife gets nothing back, but at least hubby got to keep his money!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Read last night that Toyota is ceasing production of our Venza. While no real problem for existing owners it's disappointing the Venza will be no more. Low sales is to blame. The Venza CUV was positioned between the smaller RAV4 SUV and the larger Highlander SUV. Both of which are big sellers. As for us, we will continue to enjoy our very low mileage, problem free 2009 Venza for many years to come.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My rant is when you can't wait to get home sat in the car the roads are clear of snow, but about 100 yards in a feild someone spotted what they think is snow so everyone drives at 5mph just to be safe and when you get to a roundabout nobody daer make a move all just sat there, saying after you, no you go first, no I insist you drive on, will somebody just make a move and go so I can get home and start my weekend!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
my rant is on my Birthday yesterdy all communications to the house went dead and remmained so until 5 miniutes ago people who normally ring will think we are being offish when it wasnt our fault .
So it looks like I'll be ringing around to appologise for what passes astechnowlogy (god help us bring back the old fashioned way of communicating with people

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Happy birthday for yesterday mate (Dave54) you have become a freind to me these passed few months so dont do anything I wouldn't do

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Happy belated Dave !! When our phone goes out, it tells people who try to call that it cannot complete the call. That way they know our phone was out and we weren't being a snob ... lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have one big grip against Ntelos cell phone service .I turned my phones off over 4 months ago and have a credit do to me for 64 dollars and I have still not received my check and still get a bill every month that says 64 dollars credit .I call them every month and I called them again today after another bill came in the mail and they tell me they will look into it .The heck with looking into it I want my money .If people are late with them they want there money ,I want mine .I called consumer affairs and they told me they contacted Ntelos and told them they now owe me interest on the money they owe me .We will see .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Reason #678,496,645 that I freaking hate U-Verse.
I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T trying to find out my current data usage for my home internet. If they are able to charge me for going over my data, they should be able to tell me how much I use?? Right?? I mean that would seem to be reasonable. It took me 2 hours and 3 mouth breathers to tell me they can't give me that information..... (I'm pausing while the enormity of this stupidity enfolds you like a gas)
Me: Walter, there has to be a machine that spits, sings, dings, whistles, or yells at you when I go over my data in order for you to charge me right?
Walter: Yes, it's $10 for every 50gb over you data cap.
Me: So Walter, if IT knows how much data I've used WHY THE #### CAN'T I????
Walter: Umm let me transfer you to Phillip...

Me: Phillip, there has to be a machine that spits, sings, dings, whistles, or yells at you when I go over my data in order for you to charge me right?
Phillip: Yes, it's $10 for every 50gb over you data cap.
Me: So Phillip, if IT knows how much data I've used WHY THE %$#$ CAN'T I????
Phillip: Umm let me transfer you to Travis...

I'm trying to figure out how to swallow my tongue and end this pain by now...

Me: Travis, there has to be a machine that spits, sings, dings, whistles, or yells at you when I go over my data in order for you to charge me right?
Travis: Yes, it's $10 for every 50gb over you data cap.
Me: So Travis, if IT knows how much data I've used WHY THE %$#$ CAN'T I????
Travis: Well we don't have access to specific usage data but you get an automated email when you hit 60%, 75% and then 90% of your data allotment, have you had that happen?
Me: No, never
Travis: Does that help you figure how much data you've used monthly for the past year?
Me: Holy hell balls yes! It tells me that I have never gone over 60%.
Travis: I'd like to talk to you about upgrading your internet service....
Me: Seriously Travis, can't we just end this on a high note?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can't you get it online from your puter .Boy glad century link does not do that ,with 3 puters, 2 laptops and 2 tablets I would always go over .Plus my cell phone .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nope, that information not only isn't available on my bill, apparently no one else has access to it either. I get it on my cell phone bill but not my home service. It's ridonkulous!

Ask a Question