General Rants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I hate passwords I have short term memory issues and for the life of me cant remember the one I changed on Amazon yesterday even :mad:

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hate passwords I have short term memory issues and for the life of me cant remember the one I changed on Amazon yesterday even

Dave, a system I use is to have a written record kept safe, like tucked into a book on a shelf - I know you've got lots of those. A piece of paper with them on is safer than a document record on your computer, you just need to make it difficult for some-one to find the paper.

I also assign passwords using letters of the alphabet so Amazon password begins with "A", GPF begins with "G", you get the picture.
Chris

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My rant is people who cycle in the dark without lights.

It's getting dark about 5pm here, right on the rush hour, and will get earlier as we move into winter.
The street lighting in the small town where I live is generally pretty poor, and some roads aren't lit at all.
So if it's raining so the wipers are going and you've got glare from oncoming vehicle headlights, these idiots are just about invisible. If they can't be bothered to buy lights, they also can't be bothered to wear any form of reflective clothing, so you simply can't see them until you're a few feet off their rear wheel.

It just amazes me that people can put themselves at risk of serious injury or death for the sake of a few pounds spent on lights and batteries.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I got my flights to Thailand through AMEX travel and I could find my trip through Delta, but when i try to get my seat it said I have to go to the international carrier for that so I did. The problem is the airline I'm going to fly with couldnt find my trip!!!!!!. So I tried to call, nope, never get a person, and I couldnt event wait... the machine just said our customer service is helping other customer, please go to our website... and that's it, i got cut off... how can one call the AIRLINE when there's no wait!!!!!
I really hope that I dont have any problem with my flights when the times come...

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are you flying with Delta all the way?
If so they should be able to help. You'll have to be on hold forever but it's worth it to finally talk to a human.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My rant is people who cycle in the dark without lights.

It's getting dark about 5pm here, right on the rush hour, and will get earlier as we move into winter.
The street lighting in the small town where I live is generally pretty poor, and some roads aren't lit at all.
So if it's raining so the wipers are going and you've got glare from oncoming vehicle headlights, these idiots are just about invisible. If they can't be bothered to buy lights, they also can't be bothered to wear any form of reflective clothing, so you simply can't see them until you're a few feet off their rear wheel.

It just amazes me that people can put themselves at risk of serious injury or death for the sake of a few pounds spent on lights and batteries.
Talk about coincidence! Two days ago a recent immigrant riding home from work at 6:00 am in the Toronto area was struck and killed by a vehicle. The driver left the scene. A wide road, lit on one side, but he was on the dark side. Black bicycle, dark clothing, and apparently no lights. The last I heard, the police think he may have been struck by a tractor-trailer (lorrie to you), and the driver probably never even realized what had happenned. Sad!
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Are you flying with Delta all the way?
If so they should be able to help. You'll have to be on hold forever but it's worth it to finally talk to a human.
no it's Delta and China Southern (my first time flying China Southern). I normally fly Delta and Korean air but Korean air is now way too expensive. When I flew Delta and had incidents (got stuck in NY for a week in 2010 during that blizzard, got stuck in any other airports because the snow, flights / trip canceled because of snow.. etc...) they were very helpful (even though it's frustrating to wait but they were very helpful when I get to talk to them)... I did call Delta about this and they said they couldnt help because they couldnt access China Southern's seat arrangement. :unsure:

Reaction score
When you go to the Fair or amusement park or any other place where a large number of people gather why do the rip you off for food and drinks? Why do they charge $8 dollars for a beer at a ball game or or $3.50 for a small soda at the Fair with no free refills. If there was a disaster they wouldn't be allowed to charge $9 dollars for a gallon of milk it would be called gouging and they could be fined.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A trapped audience .They know you are going to get hungry and thirsty ;)Surprised they don't charge you for the bathroom or will that be next .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
When you go to the Fair or amusement park or any other place where a large number of people gather why do the rip you off for food and drinks? Why do they charge $8 dollars for a beer at a ball game or or $3.50 for a small soda at the Fair with no free refills. If there was a disaster they wouldn't be allowed to charge $9 dollars for a gallon of milk it would be called gouging and they could be fined.
Don't forget the 5 bucks they gouge you for before you even get in for parking!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Don't forget the 5 bucks they gouge you for before you even get in for parking!
Mine is a little dark, but recently my girlfriend has been down on herself because it was about this time last year that her ex (at the time boyfriend) sexually assaulted her. It made her suicidal and completely ruined her self-esteem. He would continue to harass her and when should told anyone in the hopes of getting him to stop they did nothing. They being police and the school we attend. So right now he is walking around freely.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
violence is violence and no matter what cops should do something .I know judges and cops did not listen to my sister and her husband ended up killing her.Nicolas Kontakis died in prison but we lost a loved one for life .And her daughter lost her mom and she was only 5 at the time .I miss Margie every day and think of her often .No threat should be taken lightly

Ask a Question