getting my fish drunk...... seriously, watch.

Reaction score
Google what exactly? Please, if you want to have a conversation based on facts, Im all for it. At the moment youre not making any sense. I can see youre trying to be condescending etc but that wont work with me. In fact, I like it. It makes me laugh. So do you have anything you actually wanna talk about?

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm half in the bag.:)

I have only posted the last couple days because of the folks who Google everything and post it quickly (googleheads) with no experience or just add........... nothing.
I read so much 'biofiltration' but no one says how much / gallon in here, just 'oh, the reason you can't do that is because of lack of biofiltration.
News flash, now my whole pond is biofiltration. Bam.
You can hit your ignore option in you profile page if a particular posters bothers you. Make life easier, as I said before, "ain't no one got time for cyber stress"!!! Oh and you aren't doing this because you are in the bag are ya? You really have sound reason I trust :)

Reaction score
You can hit your ignore option in you profile page if a particular posters bothers you. Make life easier, as I said before, "ain't no one got time for cyber stress"!!! Oh and you aren't doing this because you are in the bag are ya? You really have sound reason I trust :)
Some people do not want to learn, and want to continue to spread bad information. That is too bad for them, and the forum. A forum doesn't become credible by allowing its members to spew false information.

Reaction score
Na, I'm not drunk. I haven't drank in years. It works, I'm just posting from the beginning to end to prove my non misinformation, just a different approach.

Reaction score
Some people do not want to learn, and want to continue to spread bad information. That is too bad for them, and the forum. A forum doesn't become credible by allowing its members to spew false information.
you seem to be the only one who knows everything, I didn't see you post on carbon dosing, so please fill me in with my lack of knowledge. You have not made any point. You have said that all the folks with all the knowledge keep leaving this fourm because they don't like repeating themselves. You seem to almost be there. The point of all this is it is not just your ideology that a pond can be kept, I have 0 bogs and 0 'biofiltration' media and don't do anything besides change my mechanical socks. Why does it work? How does it work. Why am I so lazy at taking care of my pond? I would never ask why you dug a pond next to a tree and not worry about a dry spell and that tree sending a leader into your pond. I don't care. I will personally buck all of your thoughts just because I have nothing else to do.:) smiley face because I can.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This is the first time I've heard of it. I am looking for information on it with regard to ponds though, that article doesn't mention how it effects plants... Or if it did, I missed it. But if what I'm reading is correct then why wouldn't I do this for my pond since I don't have fish?

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of it. I am looking for information on it with regard to ponds though, that article doesn't mention how it effects plants... Or if it did, I missed it. But if what I'm reading is correct then why wouldn't I do this for my pond since I don't have fish?
It doesn't harm fish my friend. All it is for is to balance out your trates and phoshates to consume them before the algae does. Your plants are photosynthetic, so they get their energy from the sun.

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it's me that you are talking about in regards to biofiltration since you were just questioning me about it in a very strange manner in another thread. Your posts and questions didnt even really make sense. Do you have any specific questions? Yes nitrobacter and nitrosomonas can grow on all surfaces on a pond but that does not mean they are functioning at 100% capacity in all of those places. They need high levels of oxygen as well as clean surfaces in order to thrive. Not having any additional biofiltration on your pond may work for some but it will not work for those who like to stock their pond heavily or feed heavily. There is no way to keep ammonia and nitrite at 0 without additional biofiltration in many cases. There is no "how much/gallon" formula that will work for every pond. It depends on many things. How many fish? How big are the fish? How much do you feed them? What is the level of dissolved oxygen in the pond? How many plants are in the pond? ETC.

it seems we have to go back a bit since you still havent addressed this. What exactly is your point?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I am fascinated by this. No fish, so no worries about drunken fish taking racy pictures in my waterfall and it won't harm my plants but it balances out the phosphates and nitrates or nitrites, (I'm still a little fuzzy and which comes first)... So it will reduce more algae or at least kill of the existing algae?
I'm still searching for information regarding dosage and pond use. All I can find is aquarium and coral related.

Reaction score
I am fascinated by this. No fish, so no worries about drunken fish taking racy pictures in my waterfall and it won't harm my plants but it balances out the phosphates and nitrates or nitrites, (I'm still a little fuzzy and which comes first)... So it will reduce more algae or at least kill of the existing algae?
I'm still searching for information regarding dosage and pond use. All I can find is aquarium and coral related.
Ammonia becomes nitrite which becomes nitrate. The theory is to remove nitrate and phosphate, which are some of the things plants and algae use for food, thus, preventing them from growing.

Ask a Question