getting my fish drunk...... seriously, watch.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks dieselplower, I usually skim through most of the nitrogen cycle because it us usually discussed in relation to fish. But since I have green water I was wondering if this would be a quick fix. In reading what I could find it is said that you must have a skimmer for this type of algae treatment and I don't,. I guess I'm back to good 'ole patience and my leaf net. :)

Reaction score
Thanks dieselplower, I usually skim through most of the nitrogen cycle because it us usually discussed in relation to fish. But since I have green water I was wondering if this would be a quick fix. In reading what I could find it is said that you must have a skimmer for this type of algae treatment and I don't,. I guess I'm back to good 'ole patience and my leaf net. :)
skimmer... they mean protein skimmer in saltwater, doesn't work for fresh water because the water is less viscous.
1411762307367.jpg

Protein skimmer.

They call them foam fractinators in this hobby, but they work just as well as the protein skimmer does in fresh water!

Reaction score
You're welcome. keep in mind, if it was a good idea, there would be tons of information about it.

Reaction score
hahahha, I have NO IDEA what you just said but I like it anyway, especially since you ended it with Bam. :joyful:
Get ready for the rain of information you are getting ready to inflict on yourself.
I wish you well brave squirrel!! (y)
I'm heading to the pond to add some "chemicals"..... :wideyed:
I think her shots are kicking in!!!

Reaction score
You're welcome. keep in mind, if it was a good idea, there would be tons of information about it.
Don't worry about it. You're sacrificing nothing. I am trying something and posting about it. If it works you will tell everyone that it was your idea and you invented water, if it doesn't work, I'll post on that too. It worked on s/w system, hey why not. Your name should be dieseldowner. :)

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. You're sacrificing nothing. I am trying something and posting about it. If it works you will tell everyone that it was your idea and you invented water, if it doesn't work, I'll post on that too. It worked on s/w system, hey why not. Your name should be dieseldowner. :)
Another worthless post. Congrats. It's hilarious how you wanna call people out but then have nothing to back it up. Good luck with your test.

Reaction score
Another worthless post. Congrats. It's hilarious how you wanna call people out but then have nothing to back it up. Good luck with your test.
What do you want to have backed up? The test? I'm in the process, I just started it today. You are such a silly pants and I want to give you a virtual hug.:love:

Reaction score
Oh no dieseldowner, it's not looking good for you. T +6 hours and I'm seeing some good results. I'll post tomorrow to see if we have progress. Fish are still swimming.
20140926_164931.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Carbon dosing will work in a fw pond to reduce phosphates and nitrates, but unless you have a way to remove the excess bacteria, that bacteria will eventually die off and re-release those nutrients. A protein skimmer would help, but is not as effective in freshwater.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
... But since I have green water I was wondering if this would be a quick fix. In reading what I could find it is said that you must have a skimmer for this type of algae treatment and I don't,. I guess I'm back to good 'ole patience and my leaf net. :)

A UV sterilizer would solve your green water problem.:)

Ask a Question