Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love your idea @GBBUDD - I'm with you... it would make me sad to have to look at my pond through a net. Can't wait to see you put this into action!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
+
Ok Bumble didn't show up today but something just as rare here in New England . hmmmm I was just saying that about the parrots well today brought a Rosy Soon Bill to the area I was working I have never seen one this far north a friend is looking to see if one has ever been seen this far north
ROSEY SPOON BILL-1.JPG

Attachments

• ROSEY SPOON BILL-1-2.JPG
    ROSEY SPOON BILL-1-2.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 293
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@GBBUDD I have to say I don't know what's going on, I live in New England same as you, I spend a lot of time hiking all over, but however unlike you I never seem to come across any of the local wildlife. Maybe I need to reconsider my deodorant or something. I suppose I can always look at everyone else's pictures. Thanks for sharing, that was a lucky find today.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat! I saw them in Florida, never have seen one here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He looks young i'd wonder if he got caught in the winds from the last hurricane. though we had 90's almost all summer he might have made his way here on his own. I am out in the woods all day sometimes deep in the woods sometimes in the pockets of woods in the cities. Those pockets are usually the hottest as I have worked in New Hampshire and Maine for years and have seen very little as far as wild life goes. Look at it this way there's a lot more areas for them to hide and run away. And unfortunately hunting season in those areas is any time a four legged animal walks into their yard.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Around a mile from the home depot in Stratford. Off to the right of the depot is a road that runs between the shortie next to the depot and Popeyes it runs under a rail road bridge straight through two lights about 100 yards apart no more the a 1/4 mile from the bridge is a side street with a water inlet from the husatonic river can't miss it tons of ducks there and it's fenced off. Some other serious birders showed up and said it had been seen at the autoobon society I believe in milford.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cool find, never seen one that far north. Where about in CT was it.
Wait - @GBBUDD ... are you also @Gbbudd2 ?
YEA I WAS IN DR'S WAITING ROOM POKED MY HEAD ON AS A GUEST . I saw robs post thought if he was having a rain day like we are he may want a road trip . spontaneous is all that I am and would do just that myself. I COULDN'T REMEBER my password a few weeks back so I made gb2 with a password I would remember. so I used that to respond. and yes now I am home again and back to gbbudd

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
haha! That explains the mysterious appearance of someone with ALMOST the exact same screen name!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
finally getting around to some long over due finish work, unfortunately we have got more rain this past week then most areas see in a year some areas got 7" of rain in like 4 hours that's nuts we got a lot but I think we were more like 5 inches for the day and probably another 2 inches Thursday night so the excavator and the 20 foot distribution pole to elevate the netting for the pond will have to wait until next weekend. But like I said I finally got the feed lines to the bogs underground and coming up from the bottom of the bog instead of up over the edge. Dressing up the upper falls was long over due, here's a shot of that.
Upper falls -1.JPG

Ask a Question