Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
More than beautiful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
`Thanks @j.w

I'm waiting for the obediant plant o bloom and the spagnum moss that i planted to establish if that happens , thats when i will agree Awesome i have big hopes for the spagnum in general it should add some bright green to the pond that will look like a shag carpet. And make the hard edges really blend in with the pond and bogs and i'm hoping it will eradicate what hair algae is present.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well the pond is now just over a year since water was added to it and i see questions over and over about bogs clarity green water etc . pretty much the same questions and videos i found when i was researching weather i wanted to go store bought filters or a bog. well i can't speak for the store boughts and i have nothing negative to say about the bog except i don't have to do ANYTHING . kinda a problem i love to tinker. But it's a problem i can deal with. regardless here is a video i took yesterday the center of the video is about 14 feet away from the camera to give you a better idea on distance and clarity.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Looking good, like the Anacharis or whatever SAV is growing in the foreground of the video..... also, the tree stump was a great find.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking good, like the Anacharis or whatever SAV is growing in the foreground of the video..... also, the tree stump was a great find.
Thanks it's been a long year, ready to put an addition on to the pond already one where the fish can swim out of sight and come back into the main pond.

It's horn wart but i won't let it get out of control it's an accent not meant to be a carpet or jungle.

The tree stump was a battle i had to split it carry it out by foot piece by piece and screw it back together. I looked high and low for at least 6 months. i saw that one and said nah that's too much work and there she sits. The wife and friends thought i was nuts doing all that work for a tree stump. so i'm glad someone else see's in it that I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's like looking at fish in an aquarium!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's like looking at fish in an aquarium!
Thanks CAS..

Like the aquariums they try to duplicate nature, Where it looks natural , Thats why I fought with the large boulders and there placement trying to duplicate a look that i enjoyed in nature that was from my favorite swimming hole where i would snorkel for hours .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Addy . My bog is half full of the obedient plant and another i think might be mint and the bog bean is growing but taking it's sweet time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ahhh sigh i finaly got gbbudd back

Ask a Question