Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking good man, takes some creative juice to come up with a pond like you have built.
.....So now should the title of this thread be Going for it phase 2 or 3 18000 gallon pond.

Like the natural look of that rock waterfall. That is what I’d did with my bog rebuild too, got it so part of the rock is sort of dry while water flows over just a portion of it, not too crazy about the sheet flow Like you said not as natural.
I was going to start a phase two three back when the bogs started but i realized they would get separated and it would never be feasible to view the entire build. My major now is making the falls water tight when power goes out and how to get my pump to pull up the water from the cistern i was thinking of putting a small external on the end to get it flowing and just unplug it when it as the water was being pulled by the main pump. Think this would work ?

I think i am going to take a page from my x mother in law Rest her soul i loved that lady. Well her family was rather large 14 , and her name was Freda = freedom i guess her oms ovaries called it quits and they had to do hysterectomy. Any ways one of her brother s name was Aldy All DONE when i get this phase done i only have one rather small stream from the bog to the cistern more like a leakier then much of anything but will will see

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Wholly carp! (Spelling intentional)
You have been one busy bee!
My body aches just thinking of all the work you have done!
My project is a mere drop in the bucket compared to yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wholly carp! (Spelling intentional)
You have been one busy bee!
My body aches just thinking of all the work you have done!
My project is a mere drop in the bucket compared to yours.
Its been a heck of a long week. i lost my helper after the weekend it was a battle i'm on the home front

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Labor of love and PAIN i should have spent the cash for boulders and not had to lug the one man nuggets for two days

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD Spring is springing despite the hail!
Nice pic of the lift off bird and your pond looks so nice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
FINISHED the pond extension, gravel beds are all lined in pea stone the waterfall has been tightened up. I shut the power off after filling the pond the other day and the water settled at a foot down from it's set point. That would not do as the pond is so large now that if i lost a foot of water that would over flow the cistern if it was more then half full. Picked up 6 papyrus, a couple cardinals , Yellow variegated flag, and 5 frog bit. Planted the weeping red-bud and finished the stone wall around it and to the pond.
Hate to say it but there is still more to do. The little pond that the negative edge drops into needs to be finished and the collection opening to the cistern that i haven't even started, water is flowing to it but it's hardly even begun let alone done.

Worst part of it all I'M RUNNING OUT OF ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK i doubt i can find enough to finish. Though if i rented a bigger machine i do have two fantastic boulders out back . But thats another day. Water Truck returns tomorrow to top off the pond

Reaction score
OH. MY. GOSH. Is all I can say. You have built yourself a $150,000 pond. It's just spectacular. Your day of rest will come and you can appreciate your hard work!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD you have fought the good fight and this is gonna be wonderful looking!

@Lisak1 He's a hard worker and the way he works so much I feel his day of rest won't come till he's pushing up daisies :smuggrin:
I think he must be related to @addy1 :joyful:

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD you have fought the good fight and this is gonna be wonderful looking!

@Lisak1 He's a hard worker and the way he works so much I feel his day of rest won't come till he's pushing up daisies :smuggrin:
I think he must be related to @addy1 :joyful:
Thanks for the compliment JW but my tongue just grew, as it's giving you a razberry. Pond got filled this morning and i ok have done very little i did plant 6 sedum the 6 giant papyrus two cardinals , 3 poppy . 2 umbrella and a host of dwarf parrots feather and a dozen marestail. And about 100 pictures THIS IS ME LOAFING OFF... enjoying this fantastic day ..

Thanks lisa we are definitely enjoying the new look and the fish , my god they are going nuts all of a sudden we see a rush of water and a couple of the fish are DARTING to the extension. Going to chill a bit as i have only 4 days left till i have to go back to work so a little putzin here and there no major work
5.14.2020.jpg
5.14.2020.2.jpg
5.14.2020.3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Kept to my word and a day off enjoying watching the fish the birds and had a few older family members come over . Temps started to drop when the sun ducked behind the trees so we got a fire going along with smores LIFE IS GOOD
life is good.jpg
life is good 2.jpg
ing behind the trees so we got a fire going this is why we do it.

Jhn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice job the pond extension looks awesome. It is a cool look with the water right up to the patio with a fire going.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow GBBUDD what a beautiful environment you have created. And the oriole is the icing on the cake!
Thanks @rubyduby ..I still have a couple days of work left but i need to Gulp swallow my pride buy some more rock... never paid retail for any of my rock i may have run out of options.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spectacular! You are unstoppable!
Thanks Pocono lol ummmmmm i think i have found my limit, when this is done there are NO plans for another expansion...........Just some plants ...elephant ear is going to go into the bog this year but it needs the warmer weather we will see....

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question