Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD you have fought the good fight and this is gonna be wonderful looking!

@Lisak1 He's a hard worker and the way he works so much I feel his day of rest won't come till he's pushing up daisies :smuggrin:
I think he must be related to @addy1 :joyful:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD you have fought the good fight and this is gonna be wonderful looking!

@Lisak1 He's a hard worker and the way he works so much I feel his day of rest won't come till he's pushing up daisies :smuggrin:
I think he must be related to @addy1 :joyful:
Thanks for the compliment JW but my tongue just grew, as it's giving you a razberry. Pond got filled this morning and i ok have done very little i did plant 6 sedum the 6 giant papyrus two cardinals , 3 poppy . 2 umbrella and a host of dwarf parrots feather and a dozen marestail. And about 100 pictures THIS IS ME LOAFING OFF... enjoying this fantastic day ..

Thanks lisa we are definitely enjoying the new look and the fish , my god they are going nuts all of a sudden we see a rush of water and a couple of the fish are DARTING to the extension. Going to chill a bit as i have only 4 days left till i have to go back to work so a little putzin here and there no major work
5.14.2020.jpg
5.14.2020.2.jpg
5.14.2020.3.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Kept to my word and a day off enjoying watching the fish the birds and had a few older family members come over . Temps started to drop when the sun ducked behind the trees so we got a fire going along with smores LIFE IS GOOD
life is good.jpg
life is good 2.jpg
ing behind the trees so we got a fire going this is why we do it.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice job the pond extension looks awesome. It is a cool look with the water right up to the patio with a fire going.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow GBBUDD what a beautiful environment you have created. And the oriole is the icing on the cake!
Thanks @rubyduby ..I still have a couple days of work left but i need to Gulp swallow my pride buy some more rock... never paid retail for any of my rock i may have run out of options.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spectacular! You are unstoppable!
Thanks Pocono lol ummmmmm i think i have found my limit, when this is done there are NO plans for another expansion...........Just some plants ...elephant ear is going to go into the bog this year but it needs the warmer weather we will see....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks cas.
Its getting there, waiting for warm weather so i can go nuts with elephant ears up in the bog. Planting a mini jungle I HOPE up there this year. we will see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Your I hesitate to call it a "pond" as it's truly a complete wetland, marsh, pond and bog all rolled into one, is truly spectacular. It will give you untold hours of enjoyment year round.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would love to see an aerial view of the pond now. I don't know how you got it before. Stood on your roof?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's funny but with the new extension on the pond it has made for more a complete change all around.. The water level is stable no ups and downs because of the rain capture system.
The fish are going nuts i have one fish close to 24" i would say and he just kinda swam around before rather slowly dove to the bottom to munch on the algae just did everything slow. but now the fish are flying from one end to the other and in line schooling " very cool" I INTRODUCED Marestail and it is cranking as well i almost want to fast forward to fall to see what the final product is going to look like this year. it's going to be hard to go back on the road and not sit by the pond at night.

I'll see if i can get that pic for you tomorrow @cas. i have been wanting to get that shot myself.

Ask a Question